How to remove an indicator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove an indicator?

It's easy to remove an indicator from displaying on a chart, but how to completely remove indicators that I've installed and/or the Jurik indicators that I don't have the license keys for?

Thanks,
    - Dan

Originally posted by DanielB View Post
    It's easy to remove an indicator from displaying on a chart, but how to completely remove indicators that I've installed and/or the Jurik indicators that I don't have the license keys for?

Thanks,
    - Dan
    Tools - Edit NinjaScript - Indicator,

Then select indicator and click delete.

You cannot remove Jurik indicators (only by deleting Vendor.dll file, but I would not recommend this)

Comment

Thanks... the Jurik ones are a little annoying but I'll live.

Comment

yes i have the same issue. I have dozens of indicators that I tried and never use and I want them gone, .
        is there a correct and problem free method?

Comment

Hello Forexoil,

You can remove indicators at Control Center-->File-->Utilities-->Remove NinjaScript Assembly. If not listed there, you can remove them at Control Center-->Tools-->Edit NinjaScript-->Indicator. Highlight the indicator and click the Delete button.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
            Hello Forexoil,

You can remove indicators at Control Center-->File-->Utilities-->Remove NinjaScript Assembly. If not listed there, you can remove them at Control Center-->Tools-->Edit NinjaScript-->Indicator. Highlight the indicator and click the Delete button.
            neither of these methods work. I took a trial with this group and now have half a dozen indicators stuck on my machine..http://vipertradingsystems.com/

Comment

Hello Forexoil,

You could remove the indicator from the following directory: (My) Documents/NinjaTrader 7/bin/custom/Indicator (strategies are in the Strategies folder) folder to remove it from the system. Re-Compile.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
              Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok cool,
                That wont cause any issues with my other strategies and indicators?

I really think vendors should be required to make sure that their stuff can be removed in the standard way..

Comment

Hello Forexoil,

This will not cause any issues with your other strategies and indicators as long as your only deleting the scripts that belong to the assembly you are trying to delete.

Comment

Shawn. Going into that folder and deleting the "cs" file there seems to go a lot faster than doing it the other way (Control Center-->Tools-->Edit NinjaScript-->Indicator). But I noted that you also wrote "Re-Compile". What do you mean by that? What needs to be recompiled?

sandman

Comment

Hello sandman,

Re-compile just means to open a NinjaScript Editor of any script. And in the Ninjascript Editor window and press F5.

Comment

After having had some hardware problems with my PC I reinstalled NT. Now I wanted to edit one of my indicators. It doesn't compile and says other NTScript files have programming errors which must be resolved. These are earlier imported indicators I had deleted long ago. When I now try to find them so I can delete them they are nowhere to be found.

I opened "Edit Indicator" = not there.
                        I opened Documents-NT7-bin-Custom-Indicator = not there.

Any ideas where else they could be hiding?

sandman
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello sandman,

Can you please send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

Comment

Shawn,

Sent just now.

sandman

Comment

Shawn.
                              I went ahead and cleaned NT per earlier NT instructions in the forum, i.e. Documents-NT7-db folder-Cashe folder: emptied it. Tick folder: emptied it. Day folder - emptied it. Minute folder: emptied it.

Made no change upon restarting NT. I closed NT again.

Then I deleted the _Workspace file as that helped in the past on some issues. Not in this case though. See attached. I opened an older workspace and now almost all NT indicators are gone (as well as mine) and only the "unwanteds" are showing up. Still no sign of where they might be hiding.

I then closed NT once more, deleted the _Workspace file again, and restarted NT without any workspace. Then opened a single chart with no indicators. Same result: NT indicators (and mine) are not listed but the "unwanteds" are.

Any input from you?

sandman
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
                              10 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post traderqz  
                              Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM