• Show
Clear All

Reset of DB fails

You need to restore manually. Error:
    Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID
    {DE88C160-FF2C-11D1-BB6F-00C04FAE22DA} failed due to the
    following error: 80040154.: Retrieving the COM class factory for
    component with CLSID {DE88C160-FF2C-11D1-BB6F- 00C04FAE22D

I went into the db folder and renamed the database.. Ninja created a new db but still get the same issue when trying to reset or repair...
    Last edited by gg80108; 12-18-2009, 10:24 PM.

Hello,

I will have someone reply to you on Monday. Thank you for your patience.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I was informed that your Jet database may be the issue. You will need to repair it. This link may help:
      Microsoft support is here to help you with Microsoft products. Find how-to articles, videos, and training for Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft 365, Windows, Surface, and more.

Once the Jet db is repaird repair the NT database: Tools>Options>Misc tab>Repair DB.
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_Ben; 12-20-2009, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Here is my jet level:
        4.0.9511.0 Windows XP SP3 and Security Bulletin MS08-028..
        Read the info, but didnt really see a way of "repairing" the Jet component. The only download I saw seemed to be a few levels back years ago...
        Still I dont want to hose up my PC, saw something about reinstalling windows to fix this but not in the cards..
        Any suggestions as to "how" or "if" actually repair or something like delete and reinstall the Jet component is actually available without reinstalling windows.

Comment

Hello,

I will have someone reply to you on Monday. Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Hello gg80108,

It could be you have an incorrect version of the Jet Database Engine or MDAC installed. Please go to the following pages for the versions you will need to have installed. Download them on top of your existing versions.
            You can install from here:

MS Jet Database Engine:

MDAC:

It could be you have later versions; in that case disregard.

Subsequently, uninstall NinjaTrader via the Windows Control Panel under Add/Remove Programs. After this delete the folder NinjaTrader 6.5 from Start menu--> My Documents. You will lose all saved settings and data.

Now reboot your machine, clear your browser cache and download our latest production release from here:

Check if the error persists.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason this repair /reset was working a few months ago,, no body changed or updated the Jet stuff,, just all of a sudden goes bad.. This is the second data base problem I have had that appears is unfixable (different PC) . Seems like we are just throwing a bunch of stuff at the fan and see what sticks..

Comment

Hi gg80108,

Thank you for your reply.

In some cases, errors of this type can be resolved by renaming the NinjaTrader database.

To rename the DB:
                • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
                • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> DB--> NinjaTrader.MDB.
                • Right click on NinjaTrader.MDB and select "Rename."
                • Name it "NewNinjaTrader.MDB."
                • Then restart the software.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thats the first process I did,, rename the database and let ninja create a new one,, did this several times...
                  Seems like there is no go to support for tough issues like this? Thats the impression I also got on my other PC problem (last year) Ninja database problem, when never heard from anyone other then the initial contact.. Guess thats why I never buy a lifetime license...

Comment

Hello gg80108,

Thank you for your reply and sorry for any additional confusion.

While in some cases ranaming would resolve the issue, it does not work when JET or MDAC have become corrupted which seems to be the case here.

Unfortunately, if installing from the links that NinjaTrader_Jason provided earlier did not complete or did not resolve the issue, your next best bet would be to look for a restore point on your PC from prior to the emergence of the issue and roll back to it.

For more information about restore points in XP, please see the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...emrestore.mspx

If you do not have any restore points, or if rolling-back yields no result, you will need to speak to a IT professional on reloading JET and MDAC.

Comment

Hopefully the new NINJA coming out will rebuild all the built in MS stuff u are relying on,, OR will I have the same issue if I do not fix this now when the upgrade comes out?

Yes I have lots of restore points, but who knows when it actually went bad since I cant tell exactly when the last reset or restore of the db worked,, Is there a log or file in Ninja that would track this?
                      Last edited by gg80108; 01-07-2010, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Hello gg80108,

Thank you for your reply.

1.) NinjaTrader 7 will also rely on Microsoft components such as these. So it is likely that you would see the same issue even with the next version.

2.) Here you're basically looking for the last time NinjaTrader opened normally.
                        If you would send me a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with 'ATTN: Kyle' in the subject line, I would be happy to take a look at your support history.

If you send me a note, please include a link to this forum thread.

Comment

Rejected Order Exceeded Available Account Equity

..." Please reduce order size",

The message is generated after an Order Quantity of ONE ( 1 ) is used.The minimun size

How do you stop these message without resetting the Simulator to avoid the loss of previous trading data ( records)?

Need to keep the December 2009 trading history for the Surefire Challenger Trading Tournament.

Please Advice.

Comment

over all , your support doesn't even understand the circumstances when these data base issue occurs,, Its not an issue that shows up when one starts or uses Ninja,, everything appears normal and acts normal, until one goes into the utilities and does a repair operation on the database, this is when one realizes that at least the "software" thinks something is screwed up.. Guess thats why trade station is the premiere product and everyone else comes and goes.. And when one is betting thousands of dollars,, there is no place for unexpected doubts,, is there?

Comment

Hello,

Do you have a reproduceable situation? If you do, our development department will solve it for sure. If you do not, we cannot solve it. Please give us exactly steps to produce the error.

Also, NT7 has a different better database system.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Bidder
                              by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                              4 responses