Problems with Zen-fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Zen-fire

I`ve been testing Your platform with the Zen data feed for a couple of months. During that time it worked brilliantly. Since I`ve switched to a live account I`ve been having HUGE problems.

My connection brakes down every half an hour or so for the past week. There is no difference if it is a high volatility period or not.

Since about 9.40 cet this morinig it has been down & I can`t reconnect.

Hello pinballmad,

Unfortunately NinjaTrader does not dictate when a connection is lost. It operates like a radio receiver in that it receives a signal from your broker and then displays/reports these signals back to you the trader. When a connection is lost, it is the broker's API that determines this and reports this to NinjaTrader which in turn reports this back to the trader.

The common problems that contribute to this are:

- ISP issues

- hardware firewall issues changing IP addresses frequently

- Dynamic ISP address switching the address frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, a static IP address may work.

- With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections open (10 programs making connections through the internet) windows will randomly shut down some connections

- Broker servers having problems

I suggest to check for software, such as (corporate) firewalls, spyware and anti-virus software, that could be interfering the connection as well.

I tested Zen-Fire and I am able to connect on my end.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Atm, my control center shows the data feed as connected, although the prices aren`t moving(for a while), I can`t reload historical data, my "accounts" tab doesn't show anything....

You have no such problems at all??
      Last edited by pinballmad; 12-15-2009, 04:40 AM.

Comment

I receive data as expected on my end. What instruments do not move price? Could it be they just do not move, because it is not very volatile?

Can you please check if you historical data enabled as per your Zen-Fire connection. Please go to Tools-->Account Connections, highlight the Zen-Fire connection and click Change. Ensure historical data is enabled.

If so, please check the Log-tab for an error that states the connection to the historical data server was lost.

Are you connected to a live Zen-Fire connection? If so, the Accounts-tab will display data once you perform a live trade. It will display the data listed at the link below.

Comment

Everything was working until cca 9.40 this moring. It's not the instruments or any of the other stuff You mentioned, as they were all working earlier.

Maybe this is not a connection problem as the prices are moving in the orders tab but not in the charts. The orders tab is blank itself, though.

Also, strategies/executions/positions/accounts tabs are blank. Like there's no live connection.

The log says everything is fine???!!!

I've tried reparing the db & switching off/on, no help there.
          Last edited by pinballmad; 12-15-2009, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Ok, so the charts do not receive real-time data. Please right click in the chart and select 'Format Data Series'. Make sure the current date is entered next to 'Last date'.

If the issue persists, please close the current chart and open up a new chart via File-->New-->Chart. Do you receive real-time data in the chart?

The tabs in the Control Center will only display data for the current day. Did you submit any orders today?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
              The tabs in the Control Center will only display data for the current day. Did you submit any orders today?
              Yes, a bunch of them.

Also, when I disconnect & try to reconnect it takes about 15 min to finish the task and when it finally does connect the only information getting through is the price in the orders tab.

Formating the data, on a current chart managed to get the prices moving again, but I've got 2 big holes. Data missing from 9.40 to 11.40 & from 12.20 to 13.30, roughly. Still can't reload historical data & no change on any of the tabs.

The dom also showing a blank.
              Last edited by pinballmad; 12-15-2009, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Please perform the following steps. Restart NinjaTrader and close all windows except the Control Center.

Connect to your data feed.

Open up your charts and other windows and check if they load the requested data.

Can you please check if historical data is enabled as per your Zen-Fire connection. Please go to Tools-->Account Connections, highlight the Zen-Fire connection and click Change. Ensure historical data is enabled.

If so, please check the Log-tab for an error that states the connection to the historical data server was lost.

Comment

Historical data is enabled & I've been using it.

Connecting again takes ages, will, probably, be connected cca 14.25 cet.

Can't find anything in the log suggesting that there is a problem with historical data.
                  Last edited by pinballmad; 12-15-2009, 07:13 AM.

Comment

After reconnecting the charts were again frozen, not showing the new data & after formating the data They are still missing the period that I wasn't connected.

The dom is still dead.

Comment

The tabs are working now.

The data about 50%. For example 6B 03-10 is working & 6E 03-10 isn't.

Still no reloading historical data possible.

Comment

Can you please close the 6E 03-10 chart and create a new one via File-->New-->Chart.

Check if all requested data will be loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                          Can you please close the 6E 03-10 chart and create a new one via File-->New-->Chart.

Check if all requested data will be loaded.
                          No help. 6E is frozen again.

Data still missing from the other charts.

Comment

Please perform the following steps. Restart NinjaTrader and close all windows except the Control Center.

Check if you are running workspaces in the background and close them. Go to File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below(!) 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace opened on your monitor. Any additional workspaces listed, are opened in the background.

Select a workspace without a checkmark and subsequently go to File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace. Repeat this process until only one workspace is opened.

Connect to your data feed.

Create new charts, one by one, and check if all load the requested data.

If not, please tell me which window did not load its data. Please include how many windows you were able to open successful before this one.

Comment

It all works now by itself. No new changes made that You suggested. Witchcraft if You ask me.

Thanks for the help

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Anfedport  
                              Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes