Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Times&Sales

Hello,
    I tried to find out in the helpguides - but without success - what is "BLOCK" in the Times&Sales window. And what means "between" in the properties window.

Thanks and best regards
    Tony
    Last edited by tonynt; 12-11-2009, 11:32 AM.

Hello Tonynt,

Thank you for your post.

The "Block" refers to any large trade size. The specific number of contracts that will trigger the Block display is defined in the time and sales properties. To access: right click within the T & S winow and select Properties.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Times%Sales

Ryan,

thanks (this supportforum and your prompt help is GREAT!) Can you please tell me what means "between" and I have another question: how can I see if an order for example "above ask"-number is a buy or sell order (sell-limit or stop-buy) and "below bid"-number is a buy-limit or stop-sell.

Thanks and best regards
      Tony

Comment

Hi Tony,

This is refering to Trades that took place "between" the ask or bid. That is, trades neither at the bid or ask but in the middle.

and I have another question: how can I see if an order for example "above ask"-number is a buy or sell order (sell-limit or stop-buy) and "below bid"-number is a buy-limit or stop-sell.
        This exact information is not transmitted in the T&S window, and nowhere else in NinjaTrader that I'm aware of.

Comment

Buy-or-sell

Thank your for your reply (don´t know how there can be a between but this is not more important then).

But for understanding this Time&Sales correctly I have another question: how can I see if the numbers are buy or sell orders - if "above ask"-number is a buy or sell order (sell-limit or stop-buy) and "below bid"-number is a buy-limit or stop-sell.

Thanks and best regards
          Tony

Comment

Hi Tony,

Typically Buy orders occur at the Ask price and Sell orders occur at the Bid.

Comment

Time&Sales

Hi Ryan,

thanks for your reply. I think I´ve done the question wrong so I ask in another way: The quantity that appears in the T&S window is the realized quantity/realized or filled trades or the numbers are limit-orders and stop-orders (that of course are filled then)?

I think that must be the realized numbers because if it would be the limit and stop orders then I´m wondering why there do not appear the limit and stops in the window with some distance of points or ticks to the bid and ask as usually done.

But if its the realized quantity why in the properties appear the "above ask" and "below bid" as with this price theres not trade (but only limits and stops).

And can I see the limits and stops somewhere and somehow or only the marketmakers and smart money can see (who are working against the small traders)?

And referring to the block: this is one order or several orders at exactly the same time?

Sorry, all confusing for me at the moment.

Thanks and best regards
              Tony

Comment

Hi Tony,

The quantity that appears in the T & S window are actual transactions so this represents filled or realized orders.

But if its the realized quantity why in the properties appear the "above ask" and "below bid" as with this price theres not trade (but only limits and stops).
                This is not typical but transactions can occurr at these points. I'm not familiar with the exact scenarios that would cause this.

And can I see the limits and stops somewhere and somehow or only the marketmakers and smart money can see (who are working against the small traders)?
                Some of this data is available if you have a data provider that supplies market depth or level ii data. You typically receive 5 levels of bid and ask information.

And referring to the block: this is one order or several orders at exactly the same time?
                This is one order where the quantity of contracts exceeds the value specified in Block Size.

Comment

T&S

Hi Ryan,

thank you and have a great weekend!

Best
                  Tony

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM