Charts Stop Updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts Stop Updating

From time to time, my charts stop updating. It generally happens when I first log on in the morning or when I have left NT running all night and I activate my PC after the PC has gone into System standby mode (I also Turn off hard disks after 30 min). If I Reactivate Indicators (F5) it does not resolve the problem. Sometimes when I disconnect Dorman and re-connect to Dorman the charts start updating, but not always. I have been forced most of the time to deleting the the chart and rebuilding it, which I do not appreciate. Any help would be appreciated.

We are not sure what could cause that, but likely it's related to the underlying communication routines which NT can not control.

We suggest turning off the standby mode.

Also: There not be a need to close the charts. Shutting down NT and restarting should do the trick. Charts will be recovered on restart.

Comment

My charts stopped updating. I logged out, logged back in, chart are still stuck at 11:59 last night. Dome is active and current, but charts are still not updating.

Comment

Please check your session begin/end settings in the chart properties.

Comment

The Session begin and end times are 6:30 am and 1:15 pm. They have not changed.

Comment

I suppose your are on latest NT6R2, no?

Comment

I am on NT Version 6.0.1000.2 (Live)

Comment

Ok, let's start from scratch:
                - you have turned off your PC's stand by mode?
                - you experienced this after you started NT after you had turned of the stand by mode of your PC?

Comment

That is correct.

Comment

Do you see data coming in as you select this instrument (which one?) on the order entry panel in the control center?

Comment

Not sure what you are asking. As I mentioned, the DOME prices update and the DOME accepts orders and sets up ATM strategy, etc. Also, the Chart Trader in the chart is active. But, the charts are not updating. The charts and DOME are set to ER2.

Comment

I suggest restarting NT. Your charts then should update again.

Comment

As I mentioned, I have disconnected, reconnected, exited NT, restarted NT, etc. But, the charts still are not updating. The DOME is active and current, the Chart Trader in the Chart is active and current, the Control Panel is active and current, but - again - the charts are not active. I don't want to have to reboot my system all the time just because the charts aren't working properly. It seems to me only resonable that if the DOME, Chart Trader, and Control panel are active and updating that the charts should also be active and updating - without having to either reboot or rebuild the charts.

Comment

Bruce,

There must be something wrong with your settings.

In a chart, please right click and select the Format Data Series menu. Within the dialog that pop up, what is the "Last date" set to? It should be set to today. Can you confirm? If yes and the chart still does not update please send a mail to support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this post and include in the subject "For Chris" and I will have Chris remotely log on to your computer.
                            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dierk,
                              Well that did it. All four of my charts had 5/30/2007 as the last date? Do you have any idea how all four charts would maintain that date? I have not made any alterations to the charts for the last date.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by burtoninlondon, Today, 12:38 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post burtoninlondon  
                              Started by AaronKoRn, Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes