crashing when connecting to TDameritrade. Was working fine until today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crashing when connecting to TDameritrade. Was working fine until today

I was using this connection without any problem with the free license key. Yesterday, I added the zenfire connection and used it with the new license key I got from Mirus futures. Today, I reentered the free license key and tried to use it with TD ameritrade again. The program crashes as soon as I try to chart some incoming data. Each time I have to reboot my laptop because the system believes NT is still running after crashing. I tried reinstalling NT and deleted and then reinstated the TDameritrade connection. I am attaching my trace file. I renamed it to trace.txt because it was too long as it contained information from several aborted sessions. I just left the information from my last session in the attached file.
    Last edited by clksoft; 11-11-2009, 08:52 AM.

Hi clksoft,

Thank you for your post.

Lines in the trace file you provided indicate a corruption in the NinjaTrader database.
    Please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.
    • Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
    • Select the "Misc" tab
    • Press the "Repair DB" button
    • Press the "OK" button

I would suggest removing the file from the forum now using the edit menu.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

still not working

Thank you. I did as you suggested and repaired the database. Yet, NT still crashes when I am connected to tdameritrade and want to create a chart using one of my chart templates. It doesn't crash if I try to do the same thing but am offline. I am reattaching the trace from the last session which looks pretty much the same as earlier today. Do you think I should remove the futures symbols from my instrument list? I added some yesterday.
      Last edited by clksoft; 11-11-2009, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Hi clksoft,

Thank you for your reply.

1.) I've downloaded the trace file, so you can remove it again.

2.) Does NT crash when you do not load the template?

Comment

I just checked that NT doesn't crash if I create a chart without using any of my chart templates. This is true whether or not I am connected to tdameritrade or yahoo. If however, I am connected to any of these data providers, applying any of my chart templateds crashes NT. I may have updated them yesterday when I was trying the zenfire connection with mirus. I would like to edit them to fix them manually if possible. I have spent a lot of time developing them. Can you tell me what to look for?

Comment

Hi clksoft,

This indicates that the templates have become corrupted.
            Unfortunately, you will need to recreate the layout of these templates and save them under a new name.
            After doing so, remove the existing templates via the Load templates menu.

Comment

Problem not with templates. Even adding a SMA() to a candlestick chart crashes NT.

OK. I created a chart without using any of my templates while connected to tdameritrade and then tried to add one of my custom indicators to it. That crashed NT. I tried without being connected and NT doesn't crash. I then tried again, this time trying to simply add a SMA(Close, 14) to the chart while connected. NT crashes again with the same error message as before "NT has detected a problem and needs to shut down...."
              Last edited by clksoft; 11-11-2009, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Hi clksoft,

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Kyle" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                1.) A link to this forum thread.
                2.) Your updated trace file.

Comment

still trying to get this to work

Hello,
                  I emailed you the trace file as you suggested and I also ended up completely wiping out NT and reinstalling it. When I do that, I can add indicators to a chart while connected to TDameritrade. The next step would be for me to bring back my custom indicators from a backup of the Bin\Custom\Indicator directory I made before wiping out the previous installation this morning. My first attempt at doing this consisted in simply overwriting all the Indicator folder content with the files from my previous installation. Immediately after doing that and restarting NT, the problem occurs again: As soon as I try to add any indicator to a chart while connected to TDameritrade, NT crashes. What is the proper way for me to bring in the C# code for all my custom indicators from my Indicator folder backup into the Indicator folder from the new installation and forcing NT to recompile the indicators?

Comment

Hi clksoft,

Please take the following steps:

1.) From the Control Center, click Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator.
                    2.) In the Edit Indicator menu, double click on any indicator to open the code window.
                    3.) With the code window loaded, click F5 to compile the script.
                    4.) If errors are listed, please provide me with a screen shot of the compiled code window showing the errors.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post sarafuenonly123  
                    Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes