Inidicator to auto trade using ATM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inidicator to auto trade using ATM

I use a indicator in NT and can I use ATM Advanced Trade Management, to auto trade. meaning, can I set so it can place orders and manage target and stop loss etc?

if not, how do I convert an Indicator to a strategy that can back test and auto trade. thks

Hello,

You cannot execute trades from an indicator. Translating an indicator isn't a simple task if you do not programm. However with a little study it should be very doable. This link may help:
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have this question too, but the page you linked is to an index with a zillion fields about everything, not this question.

So I'll ask it my way: I would like to be able to place an order in the ATM based on a custom strategy that calculates stops and profit targets based on a derivative of ATR (for the stop) and a profit-to-loss ratio (i.e. 1.5 to 1) for the targets, and then also have trailing capability.

Is this possible by writing a custom script that becomes a strategy template in the DOM pull-down menu for strategies. I have looked through the help menus etc. and am just not sure what can or cannot be done with ATM scripts since the only example I found was a small snippet, not a complete strategy.

Also: am I right that to write an ATM strategy you open a New Strategy as usual, but then it is a question of using the right ATM commands so that the script knows it is an ATM that is being written.

Is there an example somewhere of an ATM strategy (assuming this is possible) using variable conditions to determine initial stop and profit target placement? With a sample, perhaps I could figure it out.

Comment

cclsys,

No, you cannot program ATM strategies for selection in the DOM. What you can do is program NinjaScript Strategies that calls predefined ATM strategies to manage the exit of an entry generated by the NinjaScript Strategy.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
          cclsys,
          No, you cannot program ATM strategies for selection in the DOM. What you can do is program NinjaScript Strategies that calls predefined ATM strategies to manage the exit of an entry generated by the NinjaScript Strategy.
          Where can I see a simple example of a script calling an ATM strategy? For example, on a MA cross, call "ATM Strategy 1".

Thank you so much!
          Daniel

Comment

Daniel,

Preinstalled with your NinjaTrader is a strategy called SampleAtmStrategy. Please take a look at that reference.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
              Daniel,

Preinstalled with your NinjaTrader is a strategy called SampleAtmStrategy. Please take a look at that reference.
              Ha, it was too close and obvious that I missed it. Thanks!

Daniel

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Balage0922, Today, 07:38 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Balage0922  
              Started by JoMoon2024, Today, 06:56 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes