Zen-Fire will not connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hunter,
    I tried to simply remove and re-install NT a few times yesterday with no "Zenfire connected" success. Not until I removed NT and then manually searched and deleted ALL NT files from the hard drive and then downloaded/ re-installed NT did I have success connecting to Zenfire. HTH

Comment

Sorry for our late reply here - are you guys able to connect now to ZenFire? Checked mine here and working well.
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

After removing NT via add/remove programs, I manually deleted remaining folder info located in both My Documents and C:\programs\Ninja 6.5 folders and used regedit to remove any remaing references. Re-installed and still not connecting.

I am curious as to why, when I download NT and direct the download to c:\programs\Ninja 6.5, another Ninja 6.5 folder is automatically being created under My Documents.

Most notibly is the creation of a second NT MDB access database under My Documents\Ninja 6.5. Also, all of the bin and db folder data (.cs indicators) are being created under My Documents\Ninja 6.5, but the NT application shortcut is launched from the c:\programs\Ninja 6.5 folder.

I'm wondering if log-on info isn't pointing to the correct directory somehow and why two Ninja 6.5 folders are being created.

Comment

I was able to connect this weekend and my charts updated with Friday's data. And I am able to connect this morning.

However, my broker (AMP) sent me this email in response to my Zenfire questions:

"They updated all of the older demos to clean off the demo servers.
          Here is the link for a new demo: (removed)
          You will not need to re-download NinjaTrader, just adjust the current AMP
          connection."

Comment

Thanks for sharing MiniDowTrader!

hunter548, this is expected, the main program installation folder is under Progam Files, the user data directory for customizations is located under MyDocuments > NinjaTrader 6.5

If you still can't connect, please contact your broker to confirm your logins are still valid, if those were demo ones, they might have expired over the weekend.

Comment

Hello! I have serious problems with zen-fire connection(sim) for a couple days now.
              It constantly freezes during the trading session (the tab becomes orange) and prices don't update. In log section it says: primary connection=connected,price feed=connection lost. After couple of minutes prices update comes back.
              Also when I first connect to zen-fire, orders tab in control center freezes, bid/ask columns don't update (displays n/a),although tab is green and connected. After a couple minutes it may start moving. I uninstalled ninja couple of times, removed/recreated connections, reseted/repaired database, took new demo,disabled firewall/antivirus - nothing helps. I'm using zen-fire for a while already, computer/isp configuration are the same, and it never was like this before. Please help me with this!

Comment

jk541, thanks for the post - NinjaTrader does not dictate when a connection is lost, it just reports this event back to you. Have you tried contacting your local ISP to check if they have any current pending issues with one of their backbones? Also: do you have another PC or ISP connection you could test this on to isolate out?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                  jk541, thanks for the post - NinjaTrader does not dictate when a connection is lost, it just reports this event back to you. Have you tried contacting your local ISP to check if they have any current pending issues with one of their backbones? Also: do you have another PC or ISP connection you could test this on to isolate out?
                  I've contacted my ISP many times during this period, and they don't have any
                  issues. When I run Ninja on other PC, it's the same. I think this is Ninjatrader/Zen-fire issue, because when I run,for example,Transact platform or Metatrader,they don't have any disconnects. Is it possible to check if my ISP connection is suitable for zen-fire, maybe some ping/trace test to ninja or zen servers,etc.?
                  Last edited by jk541; 11-09-2009, 09:47 AM.

Comment

jk541, please contact your ZenFire broker directly to ask them which IP would be suitable for a ping / tracert test, I would unfortunately not have info on this. Could it be your maxing out your local PC resources as this happens? Please keep an eye out on your task manager as this occurs.

Comment

This is the message I received from AMP Futures:

Great!

They updated all of the older demos to clean off the demo servers.
                      Here is the link for a new demo: http://www.ampfutures.com/ninja_trader.php
                      You will not need to re-download NinjaTrader, just adjust the current AMP connection.

Technical Support is available from 7am-4pm CST. If you need assistance with this adjustment, please email [email protected] when you are available for remote technical support.

Happy Trading!

UPDATE:

Zen-fire connected fine with the new user ID (same license key and password). Also, I hadn't realized the demo is only good for 30 days and I had exceeded that time. However, it doesn't seem to be a big deal to re-register and get a new user ID.
                      Last edited by hunter548; 11-09-2009, 06:48 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for sharing hunter548. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
                        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by lightsun47, Today, 03:51 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post lightsun47  
                        Started by 00nevest, Today, 02:27 PM
                        1 response
                        0 likes