Charts are always resizing or hiding themselves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts are always resizing or hiding themselves

Does anyone else have this problem....if you have multiple charts open they seem to go from Maximized to Restore Down on their own, or to resize themselves. I would like each chart to stay maximized but that seems to not be possible.

The other thing...when you have multiple charts open....sometimes you cannot get to one of them....Windows will group all the charts in the Active Taskbar at the bottom (of the Windows screen) in one group. To get to the hidden chart I have to left click on the group, then right click on the chart I want, then left click on Restore.

That seems to be the only way to get this hidden chart to come forward.

These two things make watching multiple charts more of a chore than it needs to be.

Please advise...thanks.

Hi Turtle Trader,

Thank you for your post.

1.) This can be an indication of a corrupted workspace. Please open a new workspace (File > Workspaces > New Workspace) and let me know if the issue persists there as well.

2.) Grouping is a windows function and reportedly can be disabled.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes i have the same problem and it becomes extremely annoying after a little while. I have been left clicking on the Ninja Trader applications tab on the bottom task bar, then right clicking, then minimizing the group of charts, then left clicking on tab again and re-opening the chart i need and then it will appear. i just cant seem to fix this problem??

Comment

Not a workspace problem

Hello,

I've reinstalled Ninja and started fresh, and it still has the same behavior.

I'm running Windows XP Pro, SP 3.

I'm surprised more people do not report this...

Thanks

Comment

Hello Turtle Trader,

When you uninstalled NinjaTrader did you delete the NinjaTrader 6.5 folder? If you did not delete this folder prior to reinstalling NinjaTrader the old database, workspaces, etc. remain.

Please close all your open workspaces by going to the Control Panel-->File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace

After you have closed all workspaces please create a new workspace by going to the Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->New Workspace

Within the new workspace please open a new chart with no template or indicators applied-->Save this workspace-->Restart NinjaTrader and let me know if the issue persists.
          Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes

Yes, I uninstalled Ninja, deleted the NinjaTrader 6.5 folder under My Documents and then reinstalled Ninja.

Same problem.

Comment

Clarified

To clarify, yes I started with a fresh copy of Ninja and the Ninja Folder under My Documents.

Opening a new workspace....the same problem exists.

Comment

Hi Turtle Trader,

I will need to speak with our development team on Monday morning and I will respond as soon as I gather additional information on this issue.

Thank you for your patience.
                Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Turtle Trader,

Thank you for your patience.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Kyle" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                  1.) A link to this forum thread.
                  2.) Your most current trace file.
                  You will find the trace file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt
                  KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Anyone else out there with this Ninja Windows problem

I am working with the Ninja Support and there seems to be no issue with XP Pro.

It may be a hardware issue.

I'm running on an HP ZT3000 model laptop, a high end model. There is no lack of CPU cycles, or RAM. It has a 7200rpm HD...et cetera.

I'm wondering if it could be a video card problem?

This machine has an ATI Mobility Radeon 9200, with 64meg on the card. I have another similar machine but with 32meg on the video card.

Both have the same problem, and the problem (see below...persistant, strange, and disruptive Chart window behavior) even exists if I freshly load Windows XP.

I'm glad to know it is probably not a Ninja problem...but I imagine there are others out there with a similiar problem....if so, could you please post your video hardware / OS info here?

Because this really interferes with my workflow.

Thanks...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post alifarahani  
                    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes