"NT slow loading"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"NT slow loading"

If you experience unresponsiveness or slowness of the software, please reduce resource request of NinjaTrader and check if performance will improve.

Check if you are running workspaces in the background (these will request data & resources as well) and close them. Can you please restart NinjaTrader and go to File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace opened on your monitor. Any additional workspaces listed, are opened in the background.

Select a workspace without a checkmark and subsequently go to File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace. Repeat this process until only one workspace is opened.

Close some charts, SuperDOM's or other NinjaTrader windows. Reduce the amount of indicators in your chart or set 'Calculate on bar close' to True. Reduce the amount of historical data in your charts by configuring the Format Data Series window.
    More tips can be found at the following link.

I deleated all of my workspaces and only have one which I rebulit from scratch. NT seems to work fine now, like before..it seems my workspace somehow got corrupted maybe when I installed the new NT?

I talked to someone today at a brokerage and they told me that I needed and that my problem was the ram...I only have 1gb which isn't enough for NT. Howwver I have always had 1 gb and it worked. would there be any advantge to going to 2gb ram on a Vista machine? Somehow I still think I would have had the same problem...what if any noticeable advantage would I get from another gig of ram?

Hello Gregory Arkadin,

2 GB of RAM is required if you run Vista. Please see the requirements listed at the link below.

Most likely your workspace was not corrupted, but NinjaTrader total data/request was too large, which caused slow loading of the windows. If you reduce the data/resource request, it should load faster.

Increasing RAM will increase performance of NinjaTrader as well.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello Gregory Arkadin,

2 GB of RAM is required if you run Vista. Please see the requirements listed at the link below.

Most likely your workspace was not corrupted, but NinjaTrader total data/request was too large, which caused slow loading of the windows. If you reduce the data/resource request, it should load faster.

Increasing RAM will increase performance of NinjaTrader as well.

which would be more beneficial to the NT,..lowering data resource request
      or adding a gig of ram? Also how do you lower the data request, I is there anything else I could do other than turning off indicators, running less charts, less historical data request etc. Would getting rid of the historical data (some of it at least) used for paper trading be of any use? What about any programs outside of NT that are running in background? How do you turn them off?

Comment

I suggest to increase RAM, since 2 GB RAM is required with a Vista operating system.

Please see the link below for more suggestions.

Deleting historical should not make much difference.

I am not sure how to exit other applications you have running. You can usually exit software by clicking the X in the upper right corner or go to File-->Exit.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post nandhumca  
        Started by The_Sec, Today, 03:37 PM
        0 responses