Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicators in NinjaScript, but not in Chart

NT 6.5.1

I don't have indicators in my charts, but they exist in NinjaScript.

I deleted NT (Windows Uninstall) and deleted the NT6.5 File in My Documents (had to unlock Write Protect). Then I cleared the cache and rebooted.

I installed again from scratch. Everything works fine except I still have no indicators in Chart. When I Edit NinjaScript>Indicators though, there they are.

What now?

Hello watchhillian,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please email me your log and trace files to [email protected] and reference this forum post and put in ATTN RyanO in the subject header.

I will review those files and let you know what steps to take.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
      Hello watchhillian,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please email me your log and trace files to [email protected] and reference this forum post and put in ATTN RyanO in the subject header.

I will review those files and let you know what steps to take.
      Ryan,

You may as well know the whole truth...

I run NT on a PC and everything is fine. But, I also use a MacBook Pro (Snow Leopard) with an Intel chip and 4g's RAM.

On my Mac, I run VMWare Fusion, virtual machine software turning a Mac into a PC by creating a virtual disk running, in this case, Windows XP, which is up to date.

It is a remarkable arrangement allowing a Mac user to have the best of both worlds. Every piece of Windows software I use on Fusion runs fine including ThinkorSwim having a live feed for stocks, ETF's, Futures, etc.

Anyway, I installed NT on Fusion and it seems to be OK in the main. I get Zen Fire live no problem (Mirus) and the simulator does what it's supposed to do.

Indicators won't install like I told you, and for some reason, live trades I made on my stand alone PC show up with levels and total amounts, but no detail (segmenting out contract amounts).

Bottom line I'd say NT is not entirely stable in a virtual environment, and because of that I'm reluctant to trade live for fear an expensive bug is in there somewhere. Also, I got to the log files, found the errors, but the email function in NT to NT Support from Fusion won't work.

I know NT isn't designed for virtual use, but I though you'd like to know about my experiment. LOVE the NT platform as intended, though, and am particularly fond of auto training stop, sit back and relax

If you and the programming team at NT want to pursue this for further edification, I need a sign and instructions on what to do next.

Thanks for your time, Ryan...

James S.

Comment

Hi James,

Thank you for the clarification and the kind words.

The pre-loaded indicators will not show in NinjaTrader if you are connected to a network drive, which I wanted to confirm.

Now, using a virtualization software does make things a little more tricky, but many users are doing this without this same issue. Also, please refer to the following thread as well, which may have some helpful advice.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post alifarahani  
        Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes