Market Replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay

Is there any way to use the Market Replay function while still connected to a live feed. i.e. I have my Interactive brokers connection collecting todays data, while I run market replay on yesterdays data.

Thanks,
    Dale

Dale, unfortunately not - this would be possible if you setup NinjaTrader on two PC's for example, one for replaying the data (this can be shared across computers - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...DataFiles.html) and one for collecting it with your IB account, our simulation license would do in both cases then.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, I had sort of expected that, but thought maybe there was another trick.

Dale

Comment

VM

hey man, download free virtual pc from microsoft or vmware workstation (which is much better), install several winXP (recommended) installations into those virtual PCs and then in one run market data recorder say from simulation account, in second you can test it (u can copy directory where data are actually recorded and u'll get last quotations) - there u do not need simulation account and in third on under regular windows u can trade on regular account. if you do not need to trade, then u can record in one from regular account TWS and test in another virtual windows installation. I am doing this all the time, it is more stable to get continuous data for whole week, under regular winXP TWS and NT sometimes have problems, say every 2-3days there is a disconnection.
        under VMWARE you can also pause TWS in the friday evening and rerun it again sunday evening, the TWS app won't get disconnected from IB servers and NT will not loose connection to TWS, this way if you have really super stable PC, you can get longer than one week continuous data.I have stable comp (no freezing or falls) nevertheless I got to two weeks of data from ZEN fire and 7-8 working days from IB-the java app they got causes the instability in 95 % of cases.
        I have data recorded continuously since the start of September, when u find out a way how to merge these data, please let me know.
        hope this advice helps...
        N.

Comment

Thanks for the help, I will give it a try on the weekend.

Dale

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post PaulMohn  
          Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes