Chart bars not scrolling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart bars not scrolling

Hello, I've been having a weird problem with my NT charts. Using any of the charts besides tick charts (using seconds, minutes, etc) the bars won't scroll across the screen...

For instance, if I open up a one minute chart... the last bar (the bar that is currently moving) will keep going up and down all day long, it won't scroll any bars after that.

I'm on windows 7 if that has anything to do with it? But, the tick charts work fine.

Hello Monroe,

Can you please check your PC clock and date settings. Make sure it is set correctly while NinjaTrader is closed.

Subsequently start NinjaTrader and check if the issue persists.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, system clock and date settings are correct. I don't know what the problem can be.

Comment

Hello Monroe,

I suggest to install NinjaTrader on a PC that runs Windows XP or Vista and check if the issue remains. Unfortunately NinjaTrader is not supported on Windows 7 yet.

Comment

Thanks Ninjatrader_Jason.

I think your first comment had something to do with it. I *think* I solved the issue. Let me tell you what I did in case anyone has this problem in the future.

I run Ninjatrader in Virtualbox on a linux system. I have Virtualbox running Windows 7 as a guest on a linux host. It runs great except for this problem I had, but tick charts were fine.

Anyway, all linux system's run the systemclock on UTC time. Linux has different options for you to run the system clock synced with the hardware clock, or not synced with the hardware clock. There was an issue there, so I synced it up and set my linux system to run on UTC time instead of 'localtime' and the clock is now fixed in windows 7 running under virtualbox, as well as the problem I was having with seconds, minutes, etc charts in Ninjatrader.

Hope this helps anyone who might have this problem in the future.

If you run Ninjatrader in Virtualbox on a Windows guest in linux, try switching your linux system to run UTC time if your having this problem. If your system is set to UTC time, try switching to localtime and see if that works.

Take care.

Comment

Hello Monroe,

Great to hear you solved the issue and thank you for sharing this information.

Have a nice day!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
            Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
            4 responses