Clean data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean data

I would like to import some clean data , at least a year's worth of it, any stock, future, fx or commodity should be fine. Is anyone willing to share? I have nothing but very gappy unclean data that I have collected using IB's free feed. I want to do some backtesting , thanks a lot if anyone can help.

If you want daily data, use the included/free Yahoo connection, since it can get basically any stock/ETF you want back several years.

Comment

mrbeanbag. could you be a little more specific. ie. daily, intraday, minute, tick, market hours only, or 24hr data? What's the minimum time frame you need for backtesting?
      Last edited by zacharydw00; 10-30-2009, 11:55 AM.

Comment

zacharydw00,

It is up to you what you want to backtest against. You need to decide if you want to backtest on daily bars, minute bars, etc.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well, ideally tick data for a stock or stocks such as GS, AAPL, SPY, QQQQ , anything with reasonable liquidity . If not tick data then 1-min data would also be good. I would like to back test for market hours sessions from 930am to 4pm for stocks and 24hours session for futures and fx etc.

There is no minimum timeframe , but I guess a years worht would give me a fair idea of the viability of the systme I'm developing.

Thanks for the reply!

Comment

I'm still having the same problem after a year. I hope someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks

Comment

Check BigMikeTrading. There's lots of stuff for NT on his site, including some data. I don't remember seeing stock data, but I know there's various futures data for download.
              Good Luck.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by ChartTourist, Today, 08:22 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post ChartTourist  
              Started by LiamTwine, Today, 08:10 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes