Using 2 DOMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using 2 DOMS

If I have 2 DOMS active at a time do I need to set them to display active strategy only? If so, why? What are the mechanics?

Let's say I am trying to work 2 OCO orders at the same time. If I am, then this cannot be managed with 'display active strategy only'.

Just trying to get the most out of Ninja here. Any advice you can lend is appreciated.

Thx.

Hello kmpc1,

The 'DisplaySelectedAtmStrategyOnly' option is designed when running concurrent ATM strategies in the same market. Please see the link below for more information.

If you do not use this setting, you will see both positions/orders in both SuperDOMs.

Correct, unfortunately OCO functionality is not supported when submitting two entry orders in separate SuperDOMs.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can I run OCO orders with two separte DOMs and 2 completely different instruments?

Comment

Unfortunately not

Comment

Just need to confirm...

Thanks for the info Jason. Just want to be certain I am being completely clear as there are a number of moving pieces here. Let me paint a scenario.

Let's say its approaching 8:30AM and we have 2 news items affecting different markets...for instance Canadian retail sales and US unemployment.

Am I able to (or not) trade:

1. The US unemployment with the ES Mini with and OCO order AND
          2. The Canadian retail sales with the Canadian $ with a completely separate OCO on a second DOM?

Sorry to be repetitive on this point, just want to be certain I am making myself clear here.

Thank you very much in advance.

Comment

Yes, this is supported. please see the instructions below to setup breakout/breakdown approach.
            • Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to enable this function
            • For your first order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
            • Submit your stop order to buy above the market
            • For your second order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
            • Submit your stop order to sell below the market
            • CRITICAL Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to disable this function
            For a market fade approach just subsitute limit orders for stop orders. Use one Dom for the ES and a second DOM for the 6C.

Comment

Thanks!!!

Super Jason.

I find the following point you have here on your videos and in the docs:

CRITICAL Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to disable this function.

Can you explain why this needs to be done? I have run lots of OCOs on my simulator and have not done this, but they seem to have worked out fine. Just want to understand what disabling OCO actually does for us in these situations. I'm asking because I do not see any difference in the behavior as to whether 'unclick OCO or not'. Being tht it is labeled as critical I want to be sure I heed your advice obviously.

I know I'm hitting you hard on this thread. I think this is the last question.

I REALLY appreciate your help. Thanks.

Comment

This is to avoid submitting an unexpected OCO order.

If 'OCO Order' is not enabled in the example described as per post #6, both entry orders could fill instead of one.

Comment

One last thing

I understand that I need to enable OCO, but do not understand why it needs to be disabled once it is all set up.

Comment

Just to avoid submitting an unexpected OCO order. You might forget you had 'OCO Order' enabled and start trading, while you do not want to trade with OCO orders.

You will then experience cancellations of orders you do not expect.

Comment

Super, thx

Totally makes sense. By the same token in some cases I may want to keep OCO 'on'...for instance I decide to kill my orders and put a 'collar' around a price with a limit and a stop limit order. I can 'walk up or down' for more more specific profit/protection, etc.

DOes this make sense?

Comment

Hello kmpc1,

Thank you for your reply.

This does make sense, but the same could be accomplished by creating a new OCO pair (if I understand you properly).
                        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

We understand each other. thank you very much.

Comment

Question about using 2 Super DOMs

Hello.

I have a strategy running on one chart, and I see it being displayed in one super DOM window.

Question. Can I enter manual buy/sell orders on a different chart and have it displayed on a second super DOM?

Regards,
                            R. C.

Comment

Hello R.C.,

Yes, you will need to ensure the SuperDOM has the same instrument and account selected as the chart/ChartTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes