Position Updaes Not Working Right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Position Updaes Not Working Right

I have been trying for a few days now to receive a coherent answer as to why NT is not properly updating positions with no success . NT shows positions open even though none are. My orders are executing properly in NT and TWS but NT says I have a position open when I don't. I am trading the same auto strategy on 3 separate accounts. The strategy is a day trade strategy no positions are held overnight. Each morning I turn on the strategy using the strategy tab for each of the three accounts I have under my IB advisor account. I noticed when looking at the log that after my order to close my position is executed I have one position update on one account right away as expected. Then a few minutes later the second account position is updated (why did this take a few minutes?). The third account position update never shows up on the log? This is a consistent problem but random accross the three accounts. Meaning the position update does not happen on the same account each time. Please someone tell me what is going on.

561timw, thanks for the post - unfortunately we do not support IB's allocation profiles and running NinjaScript strategies on Account Groups.

Also: Which NinjaTrader and TWS versions are you using currently?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I upgraded to the latest version two days ago and was provided links by your support team to both the latest NT and TWS. I have installed both and am still experiencing the problem. I know you do not support TWS allocations and account groups using an auto strategy. I am not using either. I am simply running three separate instances of my strategy and attaching it to three separate accounts.

Comment

561timw, thanks great. Then I'm not sure I follow as you indicated you connect to an IB advisor account to execute those strategies.

From the issue you report it sounds like you're getting out of sync in your account vs strategy positions - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tPosition.html

Which 'on starting a realtime strategy' setting do you use?

Comment

I have an IB advisor account with three sub accounts. When I load the instances of my auto strategy I select the sub accounts not the advisor parent account. So no allocations or groups are used.

I should not have a problem with my strategy going out of synce due to historical data because it is a day trade strategy that starts at 9:31 and ends 30 seconds prior to the close. The strategy is reloaded each morning prior to the open.

I have Wait until flat before executing live selected but I don't think it really has any impact due to the nature of my strategy.

The strategy is executing just fine but NT shows I have a position open if I was out of sync I would think this would not be the case.

Comment

Ok, thanks for your clarification - in 'Wait until Flat' mode - do you see a 'position' listed in the strategies tab for the strategy or just unrealized profit? Then this would be your virtual position your strategy is carrying over from historical data at the time of starting up.

Comment

When I start up the strategy there is no position or unrealized profit shown. The out of sync position occurs after my first trade is open then closed. TWS shows everything closed, the accounts tab shows the correct P&L, but the strategies tab and the position tab show a position open when no position is really open.

Comment

Ok I see, thanks - for which instruments / products do you see this? Could you please contact me using the Help > Mail to Support feature and include your logs for review?

Comment

I am trading the ESz9 contract. I submitted my log files yesterday using the method you suggested. Can you look up my support case or do you need me to resend?

Comment

Ok, thanks - it would very helpful if you could PM me your name or case number we assigned you yesterday, thanks

Comment

By the way...yesterday I diconnected from TWS at around 10:00. For some reason today my chart will not update for the period from 10:00 to 4:00? I have tried rebooting NT. I have tried opening new charts. I have tried opening a new work space and nothing. I am definetly connected to TWS because the early morning session is streaming onto the chart. I have data from 9:30 to 10:00 yesterday and then the next bars I have are for the after regular trading hours. What would cause this ESZ9 is the instrument?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post jaybedreamin  
                      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                      6 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post DJ888