saving market replay entry exit data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saving market replay entry exit data

Is there anyway to save market replay entry exit data so I can view the plays that I made on a particular day at a later date? Any help would be greatly appreciated let me know if anything needs to be clarified.

Hello,

Thank you for your note.

When you place trades using the Market Replay connection they are placed in the database in the Replay101 account. You can view those trades by going to the Account Performance tab. If you left click on Advanced you will have the option to narrow the accounts that you wish to view data for. In this instance, select the Replay101 account.

When generating the report please make sure that the dates of the report correspond with the dates of the replay files used when making trades.

Please see the following link for more information.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

that allows me to view the transactions if I'm currently connected to that market replay data. I was wondering if there was a way to save the transactions so I could view it when not connected to the market replay. the concept was I can practice trading with the market replay and show my friend the plays I made a week later. when I do what you told me to it disappears if im not connected to the market replay data that I actually did the trades on. thanks for the quick reply the first time.

Comment

Hello,

The Replay101 account is viewable even when connected to your real time data feed.

I tested this by connecting to Zen-Fire and then left clicking on the Account Performance tab. In the top right is the Advanced button which will bring up a list of qualifiers for your search. In the accounts field uncheck the box next to accounts to deselect all accounts. Then find the Replay101 account and then check it.

Specify the dates that you entered market replay orders (these dates will correspond to the Market Replay files date and not the actual day of trading) and then hit generate.

Regardless of what data feed you are connected to this information is present in the NinjaTrader database and thus available to view with any connection.

If this is not the case can you please go to Help-->About and let me know what version of NinjaTrader you are on.

Comment

I'm on version 6.5.1000.11

this is what I did to test it:
          I cleared out all market replay data in options
          connected to a market replay day
          ran it at 500x making a whole bunch of trades
          puased it and ran the account performance to make sure its working
          disconnected from the market replay
          reconnected to market replay but a day later
          tried to run account performance again and it didn't display anything

Comment

Hello TishTamble,

Can you please download and install our latest version (6.5.1000.13) on top of your current version at the link below.

Make sure you select the date of the Market Replay connection in the Account Performance-tab as well and check if you see the Market Replay results.

Please restart NinjaTrader and check again.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok I updated to version 13 still having the problem though. I double checked I set the dates to 9/27 -10/07 It will only generate the replay data if I am connected to the market replay that I just made the trades on. so I do trades on the 9/28 market replay switch to the 9/29 market replay make some more trades. it then only generates the market replay for 9/29 not both 9/29 and 9/28.

Comment

Hi TishTamble,

The Market Replay will only store data for the previous replay session, and thus you are seeing data for only one session. As soon as you connect to another replay date file the previous market replay information will be erased.

You can run the reports for the previous session of Market Replay and then right click and select Export to Excel to have a permanent record of your Market Replay order history.

Comment

alright thank you very much that was exactly the info I was looking for.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                  Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jeronymite