Gain connection keeps dropping out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gain connection keeps dropping out

For the last couple of nights our Gain feed keeps dropping out and reconnecting after about 10 seconds. This will happen every 5 minutes or so.
    All other internet connections and our FXCM connection stay up, so it can't be our internet side.

Any ideas? Am using NT 6.5

Hello sonictigger,

Unfortunately NinjaTrader does not dictate when a connection is lost. It operates like a radio receiver in that it receives a signal from your broker and then displays/reports these signals back to you the trader. When a connection is lost, it is the broker's API that determines this and reports this to NinjaTrader which in turn reports this back to the trader.

The common problems that contribute to this are:

- ISP issues

- hardware firewall issues changing IP addresses frequently

- Dynamic ISP address switching the address frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, a static IP address may work.

- With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections open (10 programs making connections through the internet) windows will randomly shut down some connections

- Broker servers having problems

In addition, I suggest to check for software, such as (corporate) firewalls, spyware and anti virus software, that could be interfering the connection.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions Jason, I'll work my way through them.

Comment

Hi,

I'm also having connection problem with gain server, whenever i'm loading a new charts, (using Ninja trader server as historical chart)... It get disconnected and re-connect back since yesterday... I've tried re-installing, deleting the data 3 days data and repair database, and repair using exe file, and i still face the same problem again, it get disconnects often when trying load new chart (tick charts).

Today even worst, it keeep disconnecting every 1 to 5 minutes, even after loading the chart..

Is it gain's problem or my side?

Thanks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
        Hello sonictigger,

Unfortunately NinjaTrader does not dictate when a connection is lost. It operates like a radio receiver in that it receives a signal from your broker and then displays/reports these signals back to you the trader. When a connection is lost, it is the broker's API that determines this and reports this to NinjaTrader which in turn reports this back to the trader.

The common problems that contribute to this are:

- ISP issues

- hardware firewall issues changing IP addresses frequently

- Dynamic ISP address switching the address frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, a static IP address may work.

- With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections open (10 programs making connections through the internet) windows will randomly shut down some connections

- Broker servers having problems

In addition, I suggest to check for software, such as (corporate) firewalls, spyware and anti virus software, that could be interfering the connection.
        Last edited by Greenmoney21; 09-30-2009, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Hello Greenmoney21,

Most likely the issue is caused on your end. I suggest to check for software, such as (corporate) firewalls, spyware and anti-virus software, that could be interfering the connection.

Did you perhaps change the settings for the historical data server at Tools-->Options-->Data-->Data server-tab? Make sure the following information is reflected.

Comment

I have shut down my zonealarm (firewall), using AVG as my anti-virus. Still facing the same problem...

I didnt change anything, in fact i cant even see anything at data server tab.. its blank...

Hello Greenmoney21,

Most likely the issue is caused on your end. I suggest to check for software, such as (corporate) firewalls, spyware and anti-virus software, that could be interfering the connection.

Did you perhaps change the settings for the historical data server at Tools-->Options-->Data-->Data server-tab? Make sure the following information is reflected.

Comment

In some cases the router is casuing the issue. Connect your PC directly to your modem, bypassing the router, and check if this will make a difference.

If the issue persists, please send me an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, including your Gain username and password, so I can test the connection on my end to see if I experience the same issue.

Please include 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.

Comment

Thank you for your reply...

I think your right... I'm using public wifi now to test, and i got no problem at all... its stable..

hmmm.. wonder how am i goin to solve this problem at home, since the net at home can be used, but keep getting disconnected from gain server... any suggestions?

Thanks

In some cases the router is casuing the issue. Connect your PC directly to your modem, bypassing the router, and check if this will make a difference.

If the issue persists, please send me an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, including your Gain username and password, so I can test the connection on my end to see if I experience the same issue.

Please include 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.

Comment

Something on your end is interfering the connection. Unfortunately I cannot determine exactly what. Usually software, such as firewalls and anti-virus software, are the culprit. In some cases the router and sometimes it is related to the ISP.

Gain connects to the historical data server to retrieve historical data. NinjaTrader uses the following information to connect with the historical data server.

IP address 64.202.118.132

Port 31654

Perhaps this is blocked by your ISP somehow.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks...

I didnt do anything, and my gain's connection its back on track, its stable again...

I think its ISP like you said... Sorry to trouble you guys... coz i though it was ninja trader or gain's server problem, coz i can still be connected to the internet without any problem but having problem with gain server.

Sorry again

Thanks for your support

Something on your end is interfering the connection. Unfortunately I cannot determine exactly what. Usually software, such as firewalls and anti-virus software, are the culprit. In some cases the router and sometimes it is related to the ISP.

Gain connects to the historical data server to retrieve historical data. NinjaTrader uses the following information to connect with the historical data server.

IP address 64.202.118.132

Port 31654

Perhaps this is blocked by your ISP somehow.

Comment

No worries, great to hear you have a stable connection again.

Have a nice day!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM
                      95 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post xiinteractive  
                      Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                      2 responses