General questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General questions

I have two general use NT questions; First, I have a few strategies that are consistently profitable and want to run them automated, while testing new strategies. So my question is; Is there a way to simultaneously run one strategy on my live account, while running my test strategies on my sim account?

My other question is regarding the filtering of executed strategies. I can filter my ATM strategies when looking at my P&L history, but is there a way to filter the trades my strategies when looking at my P&L, as I don't see a way to do this and it would be a great time saver when reviewing my walk forward testing.

Thanks,

Safetrading

Hello safetrading,

Thank you for your note.

1.) Yes, this is possible. You would just need to apply one strategy to your live account and the other to the sim account.

2.) Unfortunately, it is not possible to filter account performance results by automated strategy. I will, however, forward this suggestion on to my development team for further consideration.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How do I apply strategies to different accounts? To run the strategy in my live account do I start the strategy when the DOM shows my live account, and then to run another in the sim account, use the Account window in the DOM to change to SIM, then run the test strategy?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hello safetrading,

Thank you for your note.

1.) Yes, this is possible. You would just need to apply one strategy to your live account and the other to the sim account.

2.) Unfortunately, it is not possible to filter account performance results by automated strategy. I will, however, forward this suggestion on to my development team for further consideration.

Comment

Hi safetrading,

Thank you for your reply.

When starting a strategy in either the Chart or in the Strategies tab of the Control Center, you are presented with a menu where options can be configured. One of those options allows you to select which account you wish to apply the strategy to.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post cls71
        by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM