Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

order entry problem in simulation mode

Hi ,
    I am new to Ninga have tried to set an order in the dome and basic entry ,my stop loss and target are stop 04 (price) and target (08) with a market entry in simulation as soon as order is filled the target is filled almost simultaniusly ,have tried wider stop and target price ranges still same problem,any feedback would be Thankfull.
    evanto TIA

Hello evanto14,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your post.

Do you presently have your Parameter type set to ticks or price with your SuperDOM Properties. To access please right mouse click within your SuperDOM-->Properties.

If you are using ticks please confirm you have your ATM Strategis setup to match the screen shot I have provided below.

If you are using Price as a Parameter type you would need to input actual values instead of ticks. For example if you wanted your Stop Loss to be at $106.98 you would be required to input this value in the Stop Loss parameter box.

I have also provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over ATM Strategy Parameters.

I look forward to assisting you further.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 09-20-2009, 05:29 PM.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

order entry problem in simulation mode

Dear Christopher ,
      I want to use price not ticks.
      if i want to save some strategies how do i do this .i cant put the price as i am trading i want to save it and use it later.can you show me how to save this strategy as an example .10 cent loss .25 cent profit target and exit.
      TIA

Comment

Hello evanto14,

To save a strategy you will simply right mouse click within your SuperDOM-->Manage ATM Strategy Templates-->Name your strategy-->Save

Keep in mind if you are inputting a value of .10 and .25 for your price parameter this will not work as expected. You would need to input the complete value desired.

For example if the stock is trading at $40.25 you would need to set your Stop Loss to 40.15 and your Profit Target at 40.50 when using price as your parameter.

If you are trading equities and always wanted the Stop Loss to be .10 behind your entry and your Profit Target to be .25 cents away from your entry price you would want to use Ticks as your parameter. When set to ticks you would set your Stop Loss to 10 ticks and your Profit Target to 25 ticks.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Christopher ,
          Tried with ticks works perfect !
          TIA

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
          115 responses
          1 like