SPY feed through IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPY feed through IB

I recently opened an account with IB. I can't get datafeed for the ticker symbol SPY but I can get it for other symbols. (Also, I was and still am able to get SPY feed when I switch back to using MB.) Please show me what is impeding feed of SPY data through IB and how it can be resolved. Thanks.

Hello NujAwh,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please tell me what version of NinjaTrader you currently have installed by going to Help-->About. If you do not have NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.12 installed please upgrade at the link I have provided below.

Next please install IB Standalone TWS 895.3 at the link I have provided below.

Please let me know if the issue persists after upgrading.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the instructions and links. I went ahead and installed the new versions of NinjaTrader. I will know tomorrow morning whether this will be resolved.

Also, I just purchased and am awaiting delivery of Ninja Trader software for live trading. When this is installed onto my computer, would the SPY data issue stated in this post be similarly resolved as well?

Comment

NujAwh, this is most likely not connected. Do you receive SPY data in IB's TWS platform? If not, please check with IB that you have the needed data subscriptions for your new IB account, then you can access the same data in any version of NinjaTrader.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm still unable to get data for SPY in my NT. And yes, the data comes through without a problem in IB's TWS. Please help.

Comment

Please reset your instruments by going to Tools-->Options-->Misc. tab-->Reset Instruments

Next please remove SPY from you Default list-->Open a new chart and type SPY within the chart-->Enter

Please let me know if you receive data after this procedure.

Comment

That didn't work. How doed one remove a ticker (SPY) from the default list?

Comment

Hello NuAwh,

I would like to schedule a call with you today to assist with resolving the issue by remotely logging into your PC.

Please send an email to support at sign ninjatrader dot com Attn:Chris letting me know of a time that is acceptable as well as the best number to reach you at.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                14 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post aligator  
                Started by Jimmyk, 01-26-2018, 05:19 AM
                6 responses
                0 likes