Connecting TDAmeritrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting TDAmeritrade

I have been able to connect with IB with no problems. It works very well. I am however unable to connect with TD Ameritrade. I went into Tools->Account Connections->Add->Provider:TD AMERITRADE

It seems to create the account under connections but when I select File->Connect->TD Ameritrade

Connecting - TD AMERITRADE appears in the message bar at the bottom of the window and it just stays that way. No error or other messages, but I know it is not connected, since from charts rightclicking I cannot select 'Reload Historical Data'.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Hello Trader61,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please remove and recreate the account connection:
    • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections--> highlight the connection--> click Remove
    • Then go to the Tools menu--> select Options--> select the Misc tab--> click Repair DB
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Please go to the Tools menu--> select Account Connections and recreate the account connection.
    If that does not work can you please make sure that you are on the most current version of NinjaTrader from the following link,

and forward your login credentials to [email protected] ATTN Ryan so I can test the connection.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your reply.

I installed Ninja Trader on a new machine and created the TD Ameritrade connection and it worked. I was connected and I was able to get chart information and everything appeared to be working fine.

Then, on one particular Chart, I changed the interval via right-click->Format Data Series->Start Date. I changed the start date a few times, first to 1 week prior, then 3 weeks, then a month with interval setting set to 15 min, for stock name AAPL.

Then I changed the StartDate to 5 months prior, approximately April 15, 2009. Hit OK. Then a message box appeared that said something like 'loading data' or 'reloading data'. And the message box just stayed there. The chart window wasn't responding anymore. I had to shut down the application.

When I restarted the program and tried to connect to TD again, it wouldn't connect. Same error as before, 'Connecting - TD AMERITRADE' message in message bar at bottom of window.

I removed the connection, repaired DB, and created the connection again. I also checked the link:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...AMERITRADE.htm

and everything appears fine. But still same problem.

Any ideas?

Comment

Hi,

Can you please uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
        1. Close all running applications.
        2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
        3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 6.5 and click Remove.
        4. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
        5. Reboot your machine.
        6. Once these steps are completed, download NT6.5 from the link below:
          Download
        Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn  
        Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes