Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MB Trading Forex & Stocks:

2 questions:

1. Is it possible to get Forex & Stock data at the same time? I have 2 separate logins for each acct at MBT...

2. I am transitioning from using the free server from forex.com to use the MB Trading Forex quotes. I noticed that many of the instruments do still get quotes, but many do not. Here is an image of those that are not getting quotes (you can tell this is the MBT data because they have 10ths of pips here):

Hello slyng,

Unfortunately it is not supported to connect to two MBTrading connections simultaneously.

Can you please check if your MBTrading subscription includes data for the instruments that do not receive data.

If so, please try the following. Restart NinjaTrader and go to Tools-->Instrument Manager. Remove the instruments that do not receive data from your instrument list.

Go to Tools-->Options-->Misc-tab and click Reset Instruments.

Add the instruments back to your default instrument list and check if you now receive data.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If I do that, will it kill my historical data for those instruments? I have a massive database of over 3yrs of minute-data on each of those 16 Forex Pairs which I don't want to lose...

Comment

No, this will not affect historical data in your database.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          No, this will not affect historical data in your database.
          Once I reset the instruments, will it then configure all the other pairs that are available with MB Trading that are not available with forex.com? (For instance, GBP/AUD, USD/NOK, and other odd crosses)

Comment

Resetting the instruments will reset all instruments to their default settings.

Using the default settings I am able to receive EURUSD data for example on my end while connected to MBTrading

Comment

Still not working on my end. Deleted the instruments - Restarted - Nothing. Then went in a reset the instrument database - restarted NT - Reopened and then launched this analyzer, and got this:

Eur works fine, USD/JPY and many other majors (Cad, CHF, etc) were missing, and all of the off-the-run crosses aren't there.

Comment

Hello slyng,

Can you please check if you receive data in the Control Center for the instruments that do not receive data in the Market Analyzer.

If so, restart NinjaTrader, close all windows except the Control Center and Market Analyzer. Make sure you do not have workspaces running in the background as well. Connect to MBTrading and check if data for all instruments will be loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                  Hello slyng,

Can you please check if you receive data in the Control Center for the instruments that do not receive data in the Market Analyzer.

If so, restart NinjaTrader, close all windows except the Control Center and Market Analyzer. Make sure you do not have workspaces running in the background as well. Connect to MBTrading and check if data for all instruments will be loaded.
                  OK, now *that* is very interesting...

If i pull up each security independently in the Control Center, it works for each one. Then when i populate the analyzer with my list of 20-25 currencies, only 1/3 of them come in...

Comment

Please limit the total data request of NinjaTrader and check if the Market Analyzer will load all selected instruments.

Check if you are running workspaces in the background (these will request data & resources as well) and close them. Please go to File-->Workspaces and close all workspaces listed below "Save Workspace As" except the Default workspace. Select the workspace and go to File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace.

Close some charts, SuperDOM's or other NinjaTrader windows. Reduce the amount of indicators in your chart or set 'Calculate on bar close' to True. Reduce the amount of historical data in your charts by configuring the Format Data Series window.

More tips can be found at the following link.

Comment

Still can't get it working. I'll try restarting my machine (or just go back to using free GAIN data) but i have absolutely nothing else running - and my computer should be able to handle the data... Core2Duo machine w/ either 2 or 4gb of ram....

Comment

Hi slyng,

Thank you for your reply.

Please let us know the results of the restart.

Also, I would suggest applying some of the performance tips that NinjaTrader_Jason provided a link to earlier.
                        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello slyng, This problem not solved by options, I informed on it

Comment

Perhaps you can merge this thread with Aleks' thread. I still have found no solution to this and have reverted my data feed back to Forex.com.

I would still love an answer to this issue.

Comment

I suggest to try the following. Restart NinjaTrader and close all windows except the Control Center and Market Analyzer. Close any workspace running in the background as well.

Connect to MBTrading and check if all instruments load data.

If not, please use half the amount in the Market Analyzer and check if all instruments will load. If so, add the other half and check again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by AaronKoRn, Today, 09:49 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post AaronKoRn  
                              Started by carnitron, Today, 08:42 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes