Account Performance errors in 6.5.1000.12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account Performance errors in 6.5.1000.12

I recently upgraded to 6.5.100.12 with a connection to IB from 6.5.100.8, and have discovered a strange problem with the Account Performance section. When I list performance screens for the day (Summary, trades, executions, etc.), this new version incorrectly includes the last trade from a previous day as well.
    E.g. I list today (Aug. 25) and the last live trade I made on Aug. 24 is included. On Aug. 24 the last trade from Aug. 20 is listed, and so on. This is completely reproducible, and unfortunately it completely ruins my daily statistics.

Is this a known bug or is my program corrupted? Is there something I can do to fix this, or will it be corrected in the next release?

By the way, I've tried all of the obvious things - listing by currency or percent, choosing the days listed more than once, etc. This looks like someone accidentally introduced an index error into the code that looks up trades.

Hello zstheorist,

Can you please tell me the timestamps of the orders related to this trade.

In addition, please try the following. Go to Tools-->Options-->Misc-tab and click Repair DB. Subsequently generate a new report and check if the trade is still included.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Picture of problem.

I've attached a photo of the problem. I circled in red the date (today) for which I asked for trades to display. You can see a trade from Aug. 20 is showing up as well.

I'll try resetting the DB and get back to you.
      Attached Files

Comment

Still broken

OK, I may have 2 problems.
        1. The extra trade consistently added to the trade list that should not be there. This happens for any given day I choose. I posted a picture above.

2. Some of my trades have disappeared, and are giving false results. The pciture also shows that a FSLR trade as bein entered on Aug. 24 and exited today Aug. 26. In fact there were separate trades in FSLR on Aug. 24 and Aug. 26, both of which were properly executed and closed out by Ninja Trader. It just seems to be the database that is wrong.

What can I do to fix this? It looks like errors in the DB are beginning to propogate from one day/trade to the next.

I've "repaired" the DB twice now, but to no effect.

Comment

Hello zstheorist,

I suggest to rename your database, so a new database is used and check if the issue persists.

Please close NinjaTrader and go to My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->db. Rename the NinjaTrader .mdb file NinjaTrader.Old.

Start NinjaTrader and a new database is created automatically. Please check if the issue persists upon subsequent trades.

The database contains all trade history, saved chart data and ATM templates.

If you like to use the old database, please rename it back to NinjaTrader and name the new database different. The .mdb file name NinjaTrader in the db folder will be used by NinjaTrader.

Comment

Problem still there

OK, I really want to know when this will be fixed. NinjaTrader is almost unusable.

I have tried:
            1) Repair DB (multiple times)
            2) Reset DB (multiple times)
            3) Removing DB and letting it reset.
            4) Reinstalling NT6.5.12

I continue to get the same errors I showed above, but for ALL stocks I trade. NT will correctly enter and exit trades. It will correctly list the orders and executions. It will even list the correct Realized amount on the Strategies window.

HOWEVER, the summary and trades windows consistently incorrectly list a day trade (11:00 AM-2:59 PM) as having started with the last execution of the previous day it traded. This then geneates completely spurious statistics.

I am WASTING hours having to go back and hand calculate every statistic for every trade (including profit)!

Again, when will this be fixed?

While you are working on that, I have had an independent problem with 2 strategies that run on the same future for multiple versions (6.5.x). In that case, the trades window randomly assigns opens/closes between strategies, despite every other window being correct (Realized gains, etc.).

You have some serious bugs in the logic here. It is crazy that when I open the trades window in Account Performance I get nonsense, but the data is correct everywhere else. This clearly indicates the problem is in the code for the Account Performance section.

PLEASE fix this.

Comment

Can you please send me your zipped database to [email protected]. You can find your database at My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->db-->NinjaTrader.mdb

What date is used to generate the report that includes an execution of a prior date?

Comment

Updates?

I sent this to you Friday (10/2). Any insights?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                Can you please send me your zipped database to [email protected]. You can find your database at My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->db-->NinjaTrader.mdb

What date is used to generate the report that includes an execution of a prior date?

Comment

Hello zstheorist,

Unfortunately I did not receive your email. Could you please resend it.

In addition, did version 6.5.1000.13 made any difference?

Comment

will try

I'll try to resend tonight. The file is large (112 MB zipped). I had to send it from somewhere that allows that. Does your end block messages that are too large?

RE: ver.13. Funny, I never got the message there was a new version. I'll look for it and upgrade and see if it helps. Normally a window pops up when I boot NT.

Thanks.

PS: It has gotten worse. Today I had stocks transactions closed out over 3 different days all included in the summary, even though it at least recognized some of the ones on 10/1 opened and closed that day.

Comment

Hello zstheorist,

Please try YouSendIt.com to send me the file; I did not see the email this morning in my Outlook.

Comment

Account performance Trades error

I am having the same problem for the longest time and I just found this thread now.
                        I am on the latest version (14) and went through all the steps that were outlined so far in this thread.
                        NOTHING WORKS.
                        It is very frustrating that after spending $1,500 on the software, I cannot use it's statistical features.
                        Atleast 2 people at Ninjatrader know about this problem but I was told that they never heard of it before and I am the first case.
                        Very strange attitude.
                        WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED?
                        I have sent pictures, logs, traces and Excel files showing clearly how the problem manifests itself but there is no solution yet.

Gabe
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Gabe2004; 11-21-2009, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Hello,

I attempted to answer this via another post of yours. Let me know if you still have issues with this.
                          DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
                            Hello,

I attempted to answer this via another post of yours. Let me know if you still have issues with this.
                            If you are refering to the problems that I reported then the answer is that the problem still persists.

Gabe

Comment

Hello,

If you don't mind, can we continue this on the thread where I posted the reply? thanks
                              DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                              8 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rehmans
                              by rehmans

Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
                              0 responses