Collapse

problems installing indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The interesting thing about my problem is that I cannot remove the NinjaScript assembly of this 3rd party indicator either.
    I have written no files that reference it, so the only thing that should be referencing any resources from it is itself.
    Yet it won't let me remove it because it says enigmatically that there is a file referencing this assembly and I must remove the dependency before I can continue.
    It also prevents me from installing some new assemblies, because it gives an error that some files in it have the same name as in the new assembly I am attempting to install. That's not going to be my custom indicators or strategies, so it has to be the generic built-in indicators that get wrapped up in an assembly - the ones with names starting with @.

I'm at a standstill with this.
    I have written to the vendor, DayTradeToWin, and they have not yet replied (72 hours).

saltminer

Comment

Please send an email to support [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with Attn Josh, a link to this thread, your phone number, and a time to reach you today. Thank you. We will try a remote session.
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey thanks Josh, sorry I missed seeing your reply... I'm in Australia, best time to get this done would be late afternoon for you. I'll be in touch next week to try and sort it.
        In the meantime, here are two shots from a clean install. One shows NO assemblies able to be removed. The other is an error message clearly identifying an existing (invisible) assembly with duplicate method names.

Only the default, built-in indicators and strategies exist in this install at present, so where it is getting this old assembly from is a mystery.

Is there any places you can point me to to search for on my disk until we hook up?

I have tried setting up a second user account on my machine, but that also fails after a re-install, with a "cannot find trace file" message. That's a strange one, too, because I've just done a clean install after a complete delete, yet it has still got data left over somewhere to know it wants a specific trace file.

Where is this stuff kept?

saltminer
        Attached Files

Comment

Not sure what "cannot find trace file" message you are referring to exactly, but please open up a NinjaScript Editor and press F5 to compile. See if that works. Then right click and select References. Take a screenshot of what you have there.

Comment

Hey sorry for the delay. I've just got around to checking the references after a clean uninstall.
            Is this the list you would expect to see?

Thanks,
            saltminer
            Attached Files
            Last edited by saltminer; 10-07-2009, 03:09 PM.

Comment

saltminer,

Looks good.

Comment

I've ended up doing a complete re-install of Vista (for unrelated reasons). Along the way I re-installed my Ninja setup by manually moving strategies and indicators into the Custom folders, rather than using the backup. Thus I avoided re-installing the troublesome assemblies.
                So I'm all good now.
                Cheers,
                saltminer

Comment

re-instal

Hello slatminer,

when you re-installed you ninja , did you loose your data files?

Comment

sorry, saltminer for the typo in you name

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                    Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
                    1 response