Strategy Selection for Reverse Button on ATM Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Selection for Reverse Button on ATM Strategy

I'm having trouble getting the correct strategy name to display in the Account Performance tab of NinjaTrader's Control Center after using the "REV" Button.

What I see when I use the SuperDOM to enter a trade and then click on REV is that the Strategy name is either not displayed at all (blank) or is displayed as "AtmStrategy" instead of "EMDT Strategy" which is what I originally selected.

I notice that, if once in a trade, I click on REV while the current active strategy name (e.g., "* Active ATM Strategy 18 EMDT Strategy") is displayed, then the name of the strategy in the account performance for the trades generated by REV will be "AtmStrategy" (and the SuperDOM will then display "* Active ATM Strategy 19 Custom"), whereas if I again select the "EMDT Strategy" before clicking REV, the strategy name will not be display (blank) in the generated Account Performance. (See attachments).

It seems like the REV button causes the expected number of contracts to be ordered with the stops and targets placed at the right places, but as noted above, the strategy name doesn't seem to display right in the account performance.

Is there something I can do to work around this, or is it a current design limitation? (And if the latter, are there any current plans to display more meaningful information in the account performance report?)

Also, it would be nice if the NinjaTrader Help had more on the "REV" button than just a one-liner.
    Attached Files

Hello KBJ,

Unfortunately this is as expected behavior and there is no workaround.

I will forward your suggestions to display more meaningful info as per the Account Performance-tab and include more information as per REV function in the Help Guide to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Let me try again...

In my view this is a bug and is most definitely not "expected behavior".

Why would it be a big deal to correct this small, but annoying flaw in NinjaTrader?
      (Since the code to set the strategy name in an account performance entry clearly exists, I would expect it to be relatively easy to copy the code to set the strategy name in the account performance entry for a new trade that starts when the reverse button is pressed.)
      If this is not possible, please elaborate as to exactly why the current functionality should be considered to be an "expected behavior"? (I claim that it would not be "expected" even if it were documented.)

Clearly I am not alone in this thinking as evidenced by yesterday's bug report in the V7 Beta section of these forums: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/vb/showthread.php?t=24367

Comment

Hello KBJ,

Thank you for your reply.

1.) By expected behavior, NinjaTrader_Jason meant that this is the behavior on all NinjaTrader platforms and not an error specific to your PC. As such, you can expect this to occur.

2.) Development is aware of this and your request was forwarded on to them as well. Unfortunately, I have no additional updates to provide at this time.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
        9 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM
        16 responses
        0 likes