Australian stocks list for Yahoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australian stocks list for Yahoo

Anyone have a comprehensive list of ASX stock codes for Yahoo EOD for import into NT? Doing this manually is going to suck....

asx data

Hi,
    Do you still need this? Let me know if so. It's very easy to download from S&P website into excel and import into Ninja

Comment

Aussie Stocks lists from Yahoo - Automation

I would also like to know how to set up ASX stock EOD data for Yahoo without setting up each one by hand.

FYI this is what I did to set up by hand - Using OSH as an example stock

I REALLY don't want to have to repeat Step 3 200 times ;-) How can I automate it

1) Set up new Instrument list called ASX Stocks as follows:

Tools, Instrument Manager, Add, New. Typed "ASX Stocks' in Instrument List Name

2) File, Utilities, Import Stock Symbol list

Set Traded on to 'ASX"

Currency : Australian Dollars

Instrument List: ASX Stocks

Hit OK and got 1 stock symbol successfully imported

(I know you can add multiple symbols at this point, but am just adding 1 as an example.)

3) Returned to Instrument List

Found OSH in Master Instruments list and hit EDIT.

Changed Desription to Oil Search:

Updated URL to :

Under Misc Tab: Updated Symbol map from OSH to OSH.AX for Yahoo

Exited from Instrument list.

4) File, New, Chart

Name: OSH
      Excahnge: ASX
      Interval : 1 day

Can see OSH chart .

Comment

Hello ryder,

You can import multiple stocks upon importing a stock list as you mentioned.

Unfortunately, it is not supported to have it add a Description or URL using this method. Note that this information is not required to receive data.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason.

However, you say "Unfortunately, it is not supported to have it add a Description or URL using this method. Note that this information is not required to receive data."

Unfortunately this inforamtion is required and you do have to go and update the URL and the MISC tab as the URL defaults to the Amercain yahoo site,

As such if there is a US stock with the same letter it shows that. Else it shows nothing.

So looks like each one will have to be manually updated.

Comment

ASX Stock list (ASX 200)

Just a brief response, I figured this out off a collection of information, but to save any future person having an issue:

Caveats:
            1) this list is provided AS IS. I pulled the data from http://www.standardandpoors.com/indi...udff--p-au----
            2) this data is only as good as the source
            3) it is current for 15\2\2010 per S&P
            4) it represents what S&P calls the ASX 200.

there is a complete list available in CSV from the ASX somewhere ( i will attach the one I pulled down 15/2/2010)

All i have done to the S&P "Asx200" is add the .ax extension to each of them, for easy use with yahoo. Its a manual process so i have saved you time by doing it!

ASX 200 with YAHOO (.ax) settings in CSV
            Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

(edit1: the link is on google docs, if someone has a better solution for a like 1kb file, let me know!)

Instructions for use:
            1)Download to somewhere (your know your computer better than I, can i suggest C:\ or something
            2) Open Ninja Trader,
            3) File -> Utilities -> Import Stock Symbol List
            4)Hit the LOAD Button, select the file
            5)Change the traded on to the appropriate thing (ie ASX, $AUD) and select an appropriate instrument list (mine is called ASX, however if you, like me, had no idea, its just a sorting list, so you can create a new one if you wish).

6) Hit Ok. It should add them all, if you open the instrument list, it will show them all in the symbol map with .ax on teh end. As i said above, this is for yahoo only with their current requirment (.ax), I have not set it up for any other thing.

7) make billions, remember to give some to me
            Last edited by mestoth; 02-14-2010, 06:45 PM.

Comment

FYI,
              the current version of NT 6.5 can't deal with stocks under $2 as they are in 3 decimal places. NT 7 will have this addressed.

http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=3479

Paul

Comment

Some stock charts don't load

Hi, I imported the attached file using NT's Import Stock Symbols feature. Some stocks display great, others have no data. For example: TLS.AX is ok but NAB.AX has no data. Really strange. Any thoughts?
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by eenewbie View Post
                  Hi, I imported the attached file using NT's Import Stock Symbols feature. Some stocks display great, others have no data. For example: TLS.AX is ok but NAB.AX has no data. Really strange. Any thoughts?
                  You need to remove any stocks that uses more than 2 decimal places. Stocks such as TDO.ax would be showing the first 2 decimal places only. Other than that, I"m not sure why won't get any data from yahoo.

I'm using Paritech Pulse because of these issues. NT 6.5 has no issues with stocks over $2.

regards

paul

Comment

Some stock charts don't load

Hi paulchow2k, thanks for your response. I managed to get most of the stocks to work. The import process screwed up some of the URLs. Still having issues displaying charts for SFY.AX, SLF.AX and STW.AX. Would you mind checking to see if your Yahoo connection displays these charts? If not, I'll know it's not just affecting me. Thanks muchly.

Comment

Originally posted by eenewbie View Post
                      Hi paulchow2k, thanks for your response. I managed to get most of the stocks to work. The import process screwed up some of the URLs. Still having issues displaying charts for SFY.AX, SLF.AX and STW.AX. Would you mind checking to see if your Yahoo connection displays these charts? If not, I'll know it's not just affecting me. Thanks muchly.
                      I've just check it. It's Yahoo's data. On Pulse, the graphs are perfect. It's a free service unfortunately so you get what you paid for.

regards

paul

Comment

ASX 200 Index data symbol for Yahoo ?

Hi Team,

Where can I find the appropriate Yahoo symbol list for use within Ninja Trader. I can't seem to get the Australian ASX 200 Index working in Ninja using Yahoo feed. In Australia the symbol is XJO, I have also tried ^AXJO, etc.

Is there a place in yahoo I can find the symbols as they should be applied in Ninja?

Cheers

Comment

Hello waverider,

Please note that the Yahoo connection in NinjaTrader only supports historical daily stock data as per the link below under 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider'.

Comment

XJO with Google?

Thanks Jason,

Will the google connection in Ninja seven support indicies?

Cheers,

Comment

Unfortunately only equities are supported with the Google data feed as well.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by rhyminkevin, Today, 04:58 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Anfedport  
                              Started by iceman2018, Today, 05:07 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes