Pivots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pivots

1) How is it possible that my time based charts are showing one set of pivots for the FDAX & my volume based another???

2) There were no pivots calculated yesterday. I`ve been testing Ninja for some 3 weeks & this repeats itself every couple of days. What`s the problem??

3) When will the wrong volume from 11-08 on FDAX that was reported from the exchange as such be corrected??

No 2 addition: the same problem showing for the YM today. All the pivots are drawn @ 9321.

Comment

Hello pinballmad,

1. Can you please right click in both charts and select 'Reload Historical Data'. Check if the Pivots remain to have a difference. If so, check if both charts use the same Pivots settings in the Indicator menu.

2. What happens if you set 'Exclude weekend' to True? Do you get Pivot values on Monday?

3. I suggest to address this inquiry to the data feed provider you connect to in NinjaTrader.

Please check the data for Monday in the YM 09-09 chart. Try reloading the historical data as well and check if this will make a difference. It seems Monday's data is not complete. If the issue persists, please send a sccreenshot of the YM chart, that displays Monday's data as well.

In addition, more information regarding the Pivots indicator can be found at the following link.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

As far as the first FDAX problem goes I`ve tried everything except uninstalling & I still get the pp @ 5231,2 on a timed chart & @ 5222,7 on a volume chart. This is just the pp example, all the others are different as well.

For the non ploting part, where can I find the "exclude weekend" option?
        This doesn`t explain why the chart ploted all the pivots on the YM charts at the same point today, as it did for the FDAX yesterday. The YM part corrected itself later, though. Are the YM pivots calculated later than FDAX??

Comment

Hello pinballmad,

Can you please tell me what data feed provider you are connected to in NinjaTrader.

Please double click the chart to open the properties menu; the 'Exculde weekend' option is listed there.

I suspect you had one bar of data (one tick; stripe) for Sunday, which was used to calculate the Pivot indicator. This caused the Pivots indicator to display all same values.

Comment

I use Zen-fire. What you suggested has fixed the problem from monday, thanks.

What about today??
            Last edited by pinballmad; 08-18-2009, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Could you please open up a brand new YM 09-09 chart via File-->New-->Chart.

Make sure it loads all data for Monday. Subsequently apply the Pivots indicator and check if they are calculated as expected.

Comment

The YM isn`t the problem as it fixed itself around 2 pm cet. The problem is 2 different sets of pivots on the FDAX between the time & volume charts.

I`ve tried reloading data & closing old and making new charts, but the end result stays the same.

Comment

I tested it on my end, but I could not reproduce the issue. Can you please open up two new charts and check once more. Make sure the Pivots indicator uses the exact same settings in both charts.
                  Attached Files

Comment

... still different
                    Attached Files

Comment

Can you please check the session begin and end times as per the volume chart. Double click the chart to open the properties menu and set the session begin and end times to 12:00 AM and 12:00 AM.

Comment

... a new one
                        Attached Files

Comment

Please ensure you enter 12:00 AM and 12:00 AM and not PM. I noticed the daybreak line appears in the middle of the day.

Comment

that`s the setting for the first one

Comment

I am not sure what you refer by "that`s the setting for the first one".

Please double click the volume chart to open up the properties menu.

Set the session begin times to 12:00 AM and 12:00 AM and click Ok.

Reload the Pivots indicator and check if it will list the same values as the minute chart.

If the volume chart uses different session begin and end times, different Pivots values can be as expected.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by drewski1980, Today, 08:24 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post drewski1980  
                              Started by rdtdale, Yesterday, 01:02 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes