Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ATM not putting target and stop when not connected?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM not putting target and stop when not connected?

Hi,

I put ATM entry order duing overnight session of emini S&P500
    and shut the computer down. When I turned on the computer,
    I found that entry was executed while computer was off but
    it didn't place target and stop order as specified by ATM.

Does ninja have to be connected if target and stop to be placed
    automatically?

Thanks

Hello badasan,

Correct, you will need to be connected for the ATM strategy to be triggered.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It is very bad: (
      If I put a limit order with the selected ATM strategy, and a limit order is executed when Ninja not connect. Stop and take by the select ATM Strategy will not be put?

Comment

Hello Chepell,

That is correct.

Comment

Jason, but after the execution Limit order connect to Ninja. Ninja put stop and take profit on atm strategy?

Comment

Unfortunately not. You will need to be connected when the entry order executes in order for the ATM startegy to trigger.

Comment

Why is that important information is not described in the user manual?

Comment

I will forward your suggestion to include this information in the Help guide to my superiors.

Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

Not to sidetrack this thread, but is it not true that if the PC were on when the entry order was filled and then shut off, the ATM submitted PT and SL targets will reside at the exchange, only rendering any trailing stops or reverse at stop strategies ineffective? I would appreciate some clarity on this. Assuming this was an order placed through Zen.
                  Last edited by BigAAPL; 08-20-2009, 04:05 PM.

Comment

I have a question:
                    If I have several accounts in one account connection to zenfire.
                    And for each account I open different positions and using different ATM.

If Ninja will be connected to the server it will use the ATM strategy selected for each account and his positions? If yes, how much it will spend the resources of PC, take a memory to load the processor.

Comment

Hello BigAAPL,

As long as the stop loss and profit target receive a 'working' or 'accepted' status, they will reside at the exchange or Zen-Fire servers. More information can be found at the link below.
                      Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

However, if one fills, while you are not connected, the other will not cancel, since OCO functionality is simulated on the PC. The same applies regarding stop strategies.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                        Hello BigAAPL,

As long as the stop loss and profit target receive a 'working' or 'accepted' status, they will reside at the exchange or Zen-Fire servers. More information can be found at the link below.
                        Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

However, if one fills, while you are not connected, the other will not cancel, since OCO functionality is simulated on the PC. The same applies regarding stop strategies.
                        I see. So, for example, an ES buy order is placed at 1000 with a PT of 1002 and a SL of 998. Assuming the order was filled and all orders are working at the exchange/servers, the PC is shut down. Now, if the PT of 1002 is reached and the position closed, you would still have a sell order sitting at 998 because the OCO functionality is no longer active.

I normally would not shut down with active orders/positions, but it's nice to know where I stand in the unexpected event of a system shutdown.

Thanks for your time with this Jason.

Comment

You are correct in your assumption for the broker technologies where OCO functionality is simulated on your local PC.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                          Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                          4 responses
                          0 likes