Two computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two computers

Sorry for another "two computers" question.

I understand NT does not support this and you can only have one instance of NT operating at any given time. Still, I need to understand how my situation would be handled.

I trade from home and the office. Lifetime license (one). Zenfire. I will only be logged on to one computer at a time.

If I am at home and I enter a position, I will not have an active stop strategy as I move my stops manually. However, I will ALWAYS be working a stop and a target (oco). I trade currency futures on Globex.

I enter a posititon at home. I then shut down the home computer. I head to the office and fire up the office computer. Will I see the stop and target? Will I be able to modify (move) them? If the target is hit will the stop be cancelled?

Second situation. I enter a position from home. Shut down home computer. Head to office but schedule does not permit me to open NT at the office. Market moves against me. Will my stop get executed? if so, will my target get cancelled?

Thanks much.

Paul

Hello,

This will depend on where the stops and targets are stored. This link will tell you:
    Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

If you need further clarification let us know...
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I need further clarification.
      The thread you pointed me to I had already read.
      I am not computer savvy enough to understand how that thread info
      answers my questions. Please take another look at my situation and help me. Thank you.

Comment

Hello,

Basically some orders are stored on your computer and some are stored with your broker or the exchange. That link I gave you tells you were certain orders are stored based on your data type. So find the data you are using and read that part to understand whether the orders are on your computer or with your broker etc. and therefore still working. If you don't understand the link still tell me what parts you don't understand.
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post GLFX005
        by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM