Collapse

NT .12 - Rebooting after exploding!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No such luck, still rebooting. And now after the reboot, NT is trashed and I have to reinstall. (did it three times). I was cautiously optimistic.

Ever since upgrade, system has gone unstable. .10 was fine, .12 is a disaster. Tried to go to .11 (the only one available for download other than .12) and that too is a disaster, just seems to reboot a tad less. About 1/2 as often.

Comment

To clarify, please go through EXACT steps below:
      - uninstall NT
      - uninstall .NET runtime
      - clear your browser cache
      - download and install again .NET 2.0 runtime
      - download and install again NT 6.5.1000.12

Please don't leave out ANY of these steps.

Comment

If I upgrade with the steps below is it then possible to work with my workspaces from .10 or do I have to create them new?

Comment

For an upgrade you do not need to go through steps below. Just install .12 on top of .10 and all your data would be maintained. Even on steps below none of your data would be lost.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
            To clarify, please go through EXACT steps below:
            - uninstall NT
            - uninstall .NET runtime
            - clear your browser cache
            - download and install again .NET 2.0 runtime
            - download and install again NT 6.5.1000.12

Please don't leave out ANY of these steps.
            Dierk,

I did this 2x already as per your instructions. (still rebooting with .11, just a bit less now. I have concluded this is a memory leak with NT. At least now I am freezing up more than rebooting, so that is better.)

Could you please get me a link to .10 or provide it. It was far more stable with Market Replay than .11 or .12.

As much as I would like to play "trial and error" with NT, I just don't have anymore time to invest.

.10 is working fine with same setup on another box. I need this box working as well please. If I can't get help, please at least let me help myself and provide the downgrade to the less buggy version as it relates to my needs with Market Replay?

Thank you in advance,

Comment

As of now none of the several thousand users who are on .12 reported an issue comparable to yours. It's very likely the issue is related to your actual setup and not related to .12.

Please take the next step and create a fresh and stable setup:
              - create a backup of your current NT installation (e.g. by File->Utitlities->Backup)
              - uninstall NT
              - delete the complete <my documents>/NinjaTrader6.5 folder
              - reinstall NT

You no longer should experience any issue. In case it's still unstable then there is an issue with your machine.

That stable setup would be starting point to isolate which of your NS code files "might" corrupt your setup.

Comment

Dierk,

also with .12 I am unable to connect to MBT. UN and PW is written correct because I can connect to them.

Btw: I have no problems to connect to IAB.

Comment

Originally posted by unitrade View Post
                  Dierk,

also with .12 I am unable to connect to MBT. UN and PW is written correct because I can connect to them.

Btw: I have no problems to connect to IAB.
                  Please start a new thread for non-related issues to not confuse things.

You likely can't connect to MBT, since MBT forced you to upgrade their MBT Navigator. Please go to our web site and install the MBT navigator version you'll find there.

Comment

Dierk,

Of the many thousands of users, how many have my machine D3100 Dell.

Of the many thousands of users, how many are forward testing multiple strategies at the tick level using Market Replay data.

This didn't happen BEFORE .12, it only happened AFTER .12. It's a memory leak that occurs if you pound strategies through using Market Replay. Blame .NET all you want, lol, but it's NT and that is my conclusion.

So can I please just have a link to .10 so I can give myself support instead of jumping through hoops. Please, I just want .10 so I can go forward.

I am tired of arguing with support and my system rebooting and I give up trying to resolve this through support. You clearly know that your Market Replay is extremely buggy and resource intensive (as noted in your change log in NT7).

There is no way I am rebuilding a machine from scratch to satisfy your criteria Dierk. Nothing personal, but I already did your routine 2x and still having the same problem. Ironically, it is rebooting LESS when I downgraded to .11 from .12. So far, my support has gotten me closer to stability than this thread.

So I will stick with my support for this issue and simply ask that you get me a link to .10 so I can go on with my development and testing and await NT7.

I'm really frustrated Dierk, so could you please just help me out with the link?

Thank you in advance,

Comment

Be forewarned: Installing .10 will not resolve your issue long term. You likely will run into the problems with upcoming upgrades until you isolated the cause of trouble.

If you went through procedures below you should be able to tell:
                      a) is your setup stable after a fresh setup
                      b) after adding which custom NS object did it become unstable

I'm looking forward to get any information on (a) and (b).

Please find .10 here: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...nstall.R10.msi

Comment

Dierk,

I isolated the cause of the problem. It's NT and Market Replay as I have said from the beginning.

Go ahead and record some markets and pound on a machine with XP and 1G of memory, running .11 or higher and you will get it to reboot. Especially in .12. The system can be any system, but it should be something that is hitting resources like Playing sounds, and placing/moving orders around a lot. Also run like 10 systems on tick data with different tick values. This really pounds market replay and causes it to spin out. One of the things I noticed is that it happens after you rewind replay and then run through again real fast at 500x. You might get through a few iterations before it comes down, but the bottom line is it will come down and usually at an inconvenient time

I backed up my other box, installed .12, did the same thing, and reboots began.

Just rolled back to old image, and .10 didn't reboot. Again, this is on another machine which was setup using the same image I used to setup this machine I am emailing you from now.

Because you can't really do accurate backtesting with NT, I have to forward test. Backtesting is simply unreliable when it comes to tick data and I can't base systems on what NT assumes I may have been filled at based on the range of a candle.

I saw a forward test feature, but I don't know if that allows me to actually forward test based on ticks similar to what I can achieve with Market Replay (which is VERY painful and time consuming to use verses a backtest).

Anyway, I forward test with Market Replay and it doesn't even come close to matching back testing for same. So unfortunately, it is very important for testing to have a stable Market Replay feature. I also like to watch the chart trade and and the DOM so I can see the orders working and moving and make adjustments.

I have concluded that Market Replay is not stable. The last time I had this argument with NT, they told me it was my computer as well, and then finally were able to duplicate the issue and then proceeded to correct it after acknowledging that my findings were correct. I didn't get paid for my time. I am not getting paid for my time now. Thank you for at least getting me a link to .10

Comment

Please provide info as requested in my post #25. Thanks

Also: nothing has changed on .12 regarding the replay handling compared to .10.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                            Please provide info as requested in my post #25. Thanks

Also: nothing has changed on .12 regarding the replay handling compared to .10.
                            Just FYI, I also recently installed NT .12 over my previous .11 installation and got a blue screen of death for the first time today. I wasn't running market replay or anything, just looking at the live market. Also, I wasn't running any other programs that hadn't already previously been running just fine for weeks on end.

Comment

JS999, please contact using the Help > Mail to Support feature so we can review your log files from today, thanks
                              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No issues since rolling back to .10 so far.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by fx.practic, 10-15-2013, 12:53 AM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Bidder
                                by Bidder

Started by Shai Samuel, 07-02-2022, 02:46 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes