Pre-Market Data Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-Market Data Issues

I am using NT 6.5 with a Barchart Stocks and Index data feed. If I leave NT connected to Barchart through the night, in the morning the symbol that was active on the screen through the night will have pre-market data. If I change symbols, pre-market data fails to continue with the symbol chnage. If I change back to original symbol, pre-market data is also gone.

If I don't leave NT running through the night, sometimes in AM when I connect to Barcharts I get pre-market data but most times I don't. It always disappears after symbol change.

Example attached.

You can see pre-market data on SPY, switched to QQQQ, no pre-market data and switch back to SPY and the pre-market data is gone also. All times on charts are Mountain Time.

If I disconnect from Barchart and exit NT with pre-market data on screen, when NT is restarted and Barchart is reconnected, pre-market is still on screen and if we are still in pre-market hours, it will update pre-market bars.

After hours I have never seen more than 2 bars on any timeframe.

Any reason why pre-market data only shows if NT is left connected through the night and why does it disappear on symbol change? I am also wondering should it be showing after hours data?
    Attached Files

Hello TraderJesse,

Thank you for your post.

1.) I suspect that your data provider is not saving this after hours data on their server and when your chart reloads, it reloads the data from the server. Please try right clicking and selecting "Reload Historical Data" to see what is pulled from the data provider's server.

2.) You can limit the hours of trading by right clicking in your chart and selecting Properties. You can then adjust the session begins/ends times which are based on your PC clock (should be your local time).

More information on chart properties here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...roperties.html
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No backfill pre-market

I forgot about the data backfill. No pre-market data when I do Reload Historical Data. So it appears they stream pre-market but don't store it. Or at least it's not part of the data package.

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

How I fixed my missing pre/post session data issue

I started using ninja on my work lap top. I then purchased a new lap top for home use. When I set it up to use ninja I noticed that my 1 minute charts were getting basically 24 hours of data, but my 5 minute charts were only getting data from open to close (7:30am to 2:00pm MST). NOTE I trade the YM emini-dow and use Zen-fire. I tried numerous data reloads...and making things more weird, both 1 minute and 5 minute charts were working on the previous lap top. I looked closely at the session time settings on the chart properties. On the laptop things were working correctly on, the session start time was set to 7:30am and the close was also set to 7:30am. On the machine I was only getting start to close data on I had set start time to 7:30am and the close time to 2:00pm...wala it was working as desinged....so I have since set the start = to the close (both 7:30 am so it draws a nice open line on the chart) and I get 24 hours of data on all charts. Just wanted to post this in the hopes it may help someone else who runs into this.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        168 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post sidlercom80  
        Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred