no available instrument for market replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no available instrument for market replay

what do I do if there are no available instruments for the market replay on the es 09/09? is there a way to add them in. some days I have the es and other days i do not. I have a lot of days recorded to practice with and I am having trouble.

Please right click the Market Replay control and select 'Available instruments'. Check what time frame you have recorded ES 09-09 data.
    I suggest to close all existing charts and SuperDOM's. Subsequently start the Market Replay connection and open up a new chart and SuperDOM.
    Check if you receive data for the time frame indicated under 'Available instruments'.

this is the advice received this morning from jason hilling.
    Last edited by alpha trader; 08-10-2009, 02:58 PM.

Hello alpha trader,

In order to replay Market Replay data you would have to record it first. In order to record data in NinjaTrader:

- Make sure 'Run market replay recorder' is enabled at Tools-->Options-->Data-tab.

- You receive real-time data in NinjaTrader

Do you see the recorded Market Data files at the following folder:

My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->db-->data and open any date folder to check what instruments you have recorded for that date?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

have many days recorded but when i bring some of them up there is no available instrument. the instrument shows up in the individual folder but not when i right click on the market replay control.

any way to add?
      Last edited by alpha trader; 08-10-2009, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Can you please check if there are files located in the My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->db-->data folder that should not be there.

The data folder should only contain date folders as per the attached screenshot. It the data folder contains other files, it can cause issues.

Make sure the date folders itself only contain .ntm and .nt2 files, and no other files as well. See screenshot.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Can you please check if there are files located in the My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->db-->data folder that should not be there.

The data folder should only contain date folders as per the attached screenshot. It the data folder contains other files, it can cause issues.

Make sure the date folders itself only contain .ntm and .nt2 files, and no other files as well. See screenshot.

the only files there fit your criteria. no extra files. just the recorded days.

Comment

Hello alpha trader,

Can you please forward me a Market Replay file that is not listing instruments correctly. Please send this to support at sign ninjatrader dot com Attn: Chris

When sending your Market Replay please zip the file by right mouse clicking on the file-->Send to Compressed (Zip) Folder and attach to the email.

If the file is larger than 3 MB please send it through http://www.yousendit.com and include Attn: Chris in the subject.
            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

the file is on its way. I sent 07/28/09.

Comment

Hello alpha trader,

I have received your file and have tested it on my end was unable to view the available instruments. I will need to forward this to Jason and he will respond when he gets into the office tomorrow.

Thank you for your patience.
                Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks.....

Comment

any luck figuring out why the market replay is not working when the instrument is in the folder but not on the market replay control?

Comment

Hello alpha trader,

The market replay data you forwarded only contains .nt2 files, which is Market Replay level 2 data. However, it does not include .ntm files, which would be level 1 data.

You will need to have level 1 data as well.

Comment

that is helpful to id the files that will replay. thank you. my next question is why do some days not record the level 1(.ntm files) but record only the level 2 data(.nt2)? Is there an adustment that needs to be made? My understanding is that all I have to do is check the market replay and have the markets available through the instrument manager.

Comment

Hello alpha trader,

You will need to receive real-time in NinjaTrader as well; having the instrument listed in the Instrument Manager is not sufficient.

I suggest to open up a chart for the instrument you like to record and ensure it receives real-time data.

Comment

perfect, thanks for all your help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by wzgy0920, Yesterday, 09:53 PM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post wzgy0920  
                            Started by Kensonprib, 04-28-2021, 10:11 AM