TT questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TT questions

yesterday everything worked fine, but since this morning i can`t get the fdax feed through tt while it works fine through zen-fire. are there any problems with the tt feed present?

i tried repairing the db & reseting the instruments but thing only got worse as some data that was already in the charts mystreriously disappeared.... midnight to 8am & 2-3pm from today, midnight to 8am fromyesterday & so on.

how can i fix this? is the problem in the feed, ninja or me??

tt doesn`t offer historical data.... one problem solved.

Comment

Hi pinballmad,

Thank you for your post.

1.) Do you receive data for FDAX via the SuperDOM or any other order entry window?
      2.) Are there any errors listed in the log tab of the Control Center?
      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

1) no data for fdax through tt feed, superdom/charts/levelII.... the same works fine through zen-fire.
        2) fdax09-09 i get as "unknown instrument", market data rejected

Comment

Hi pinballmad,

Thank you for your reply.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Kyle" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
          1.) A link to this forum thread.
          2.) Your TT login credentials. Specifically, I will need the following:
          • Account Name(s)
          • “Orders” server
            · Sender ID
            · Target ID
            · Password
            · Host
            · Port
          • “Price feed” server
            · Sender ID
            · Target ID
            · Password
            · Host
            · Port

Comment

New problem

My TT feed is working now, but live charting on volume charts is totally wrong. I`ve been using this morning to simtrade FDAX... after a couple of hours my connection broke for some reason & I had to connect to Zen-fire to get my historical download. After the download completed the volume charts changed significantely giving a whole other picture on what has been going on.

Why is the TT feed missing things during the live action??

Comment

pinballmad, this is unfortunately expected when you backfill the tick data with another feed's historical data. Delivered ticks can and will vary across different feeds.

For more info, please review this link - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ChartBars.html
              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just noticed that my TT feed is still down from the crash I mentioned above.

The message says:"Login failed: unable to initialize api: configuration failed:could not open body file"

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                  pinballmad, this is unfortunately expected when you backfill the tick data with another feed's historical data. Delivered ticks can and will vary across different feeds.

For more info, please review this link - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ChartBars.html
                  I`m aware of this situation but this is not some 10 sec/3 tick chart that i had up. It was a 2400 volume chart & TT data drew 2 candles while there should`ve been 6-7. This resulted in a totally different chart & not a small difference on a small time frame.

Comment

Originally posted by pinballmad View Post
                    I just noticed that my TT feed is still down from the crash I mentioned above.

The message says:"Login failed: unable to initialize api: configuration failed:could not open body file"

No info on this?

Comment

For this message, please restart NinjaTrader and reconnect.

Comment

For the data, the magnitude of differences when comparing data feeds may vary, to compare it would be best to setup custom session times and take screenshots for live data and reloads.

Comment

There's seems to be something off above the TT data feed . I've gone for
                          months without a problem and now in the last couple of days , I've lost connection multiple times. My internet connection is fine , I can surf the web
                          , check email ,just lose connection with TT.???

Comment

Now I have no streaming data on the ES , ZB works fine . Both are globex
                            defaults ???

Comment

Hi T2020,

Thank you for your posts.

1.) We realize that lost connections can be frustrating. A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API wil continuously try to re-establish a connection. Common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:
                              • ISP issues
                              • Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
                              • Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week buy you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.
                              • With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections (10 programs making socket connections through the internet) Windows will randomly shut down some connections
                              • Broker/market data servers may be experiencing temporary downtime

2.) Please ensure that your settings for ES mirror those shown in the attached images.
                              If the settings are the same, please check the Log tab of the Control Center for any error messages.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by alifarahani, 04-19-2024, 09:40 AM
                              9 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                              Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
                              2 responses