Flatten PROBLEMS:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flatten PROBLEMS:

Ok, I have Ninja setup to flatten my position (only trade the ES with Ninja) at the close. Well, it has decided to try to flatten ALL of my positions. One of them did flatten (fx position) and in the Order tabs, it shows "PendingSubmit" to flatten all my stock positions...luckily none of those orders went through.

How do I get this to only flatten what I am trading with Ninja, via the Dynamic DOM all I trade is ES.

edited: broker is IB
    Last edited by Stok; 08-04-2009, 02:13 PM.

Hello Stok,

Please go to Tools-->Options-->Misc-tab and disable 'Flatten all'.

The 'Time to flatten' option will now only flatten the position for the NinjaTrader order entry windows you enabled 'Close at time'.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, today NT flattened 2 positions (futures) when I had "Flatten All" UNCHECKED. It tried to sell all my stocks positions, but that was rejected.

I only trade ES with NT. The Orders shows the trades.

Need some help here.

Comment

Hello Stok,

How many NinjaTrader order entry windows did you have opened when this occurred? Did they have 'Close At Time' enabled (right click window)?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Hello Stok,

How many NinjaTrader order entry windows did you have opened when this occurred? Did they have 'Close At Time' enabled (right click window)?
          I have 3 DOMS open with ES. Only one had a position on (a short), in which, I did accidentally cancel my stop order earlier in the day, so I unchecked the "Close at time" and just closed it manually by hitting "CLOSE" button on the DOM right at 3pm (which it closed my ES position at 15:00:00 (according to IB) . The other 2 DOMS had no positions on nor any on all day, but one of them has "Close at time" checked and the other has it unchecked.

It closed a SI and a DX futures positions at 15:00:04 and 15:00:05 respectively.

Comment

Could it be you have workspaces running in the background that contain order entry windows with 'Close At Time' enabled for the SI and DX?

Please go to File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below 'Save Workspace As'. Each workspace that is listed is opened; the one with the checkmark is the workspace opened on the monitor, the other workspaces are running in the background.

Comment

Could it be you have workspaces running in the background that contain order entry windows with 'Close At Time' enabled for the SI and DX?

Please go to File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below 'Save Workspace As'. Each workspace that is listed is opened; the one with the checkmark is the workspace opened on the monitor, the other workspaces are running in the background.
              Never had any other workspace open with DX or SI (these are long term positions). In fact, I am working on home laptop, and setup NT this weekend just for ES. The fact that it tried to close all my stock positions as well means it is trying to Flatten everything. I do promise the "Flatten ALL" is unchecked, b/c I originally started this thread because my work PC did try to flatten all, and you told me how to avoid that. So, when it tried it again, I went right to the options to make sure, and it was unchecked.

I don't know if by closing the ES trade manually when I normally have it flatten at 3pm did something? But I did uncheck the "Close at time" because I was sure of NT would close it or not once I canceled my open stop order...just being safe.

One last thing, I manually put in a stop order via IB after I canceled in NT to make sure I had the order in. That order was also canceled when I manually closed the ES position from the DOM.

Comment

Could you please send me your log and trace files for today. You can find these files at the following locations:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20090811 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20090811 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, reference this forum thread and put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header.

Comment

Could you please send me your log and trace files for today. You can find these files at the following locations:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20090811 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20090811 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, reference this forum thread and put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header.
                  Ok, I'll do that later tonight.

I do have one theory maybe?:

Since I did cancel the open stop order on the DOM I was trading, the strategy went inactive. It still showed my position, but not the "10-10S" or whatever it shows for the DOM that represents the active strategy. So, when I hit "CLOSE"...maybe NT thought differently and closed everything? Since futures still trade, those all closed, but stocks don't take DAY orders after 3pm, and all those where rejected. Just a thot.

Comment

Thank you for thinking along by providing your theory, but hitting the Close-button will only close positions as per the instrument selected in the order entry window you clicked the button. More information can be found at the link below.

Comment

Thank you for thinking along by providing your theory, but hitting the Close-button will only close positions as per the instrument selected in the order entry window you clicked the button. More information can be found at the link below.
                      http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...nStrategy.html
                      Ok, I sent the log files, and the Flatten all was unchecked, saw that in one of the logs.

Thanks for the help Jason!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post kempotrader  
                      Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes