Maximum bar size for minute bars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maximum bar size for minute bars.

Is there a maximum size for minute bars? I could have swore not but when I increase the size from 120 mins (which is OK) to 180 mins, NT appears to hang trying to build them? This is with just a few (15) days of data to load.

Hello Nick,

There is no maximum size as per minute bars.

Please reduce resource request of NinjaTrader. Check if you are running workspaces in the background (these will request data & resources as well) and close them. Please go to File-->Workspaces and close all workspaces listed below "Save Workspace As" except the Default workspace. Select the workspace and go to File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace.

Close some charts, SuperDOM's or other NinjaTrader windows. Reduce the amount of indicators in your chart or set 'Calculate on bar close' to True. Reduce the amount of historical data in your charts by configuring the Format Data Series window.

More tips can be found at the following link.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason, thanks (as always) for your prompt reply. I had already tried with NT as the only application running and a single clean (no indicators) chart of 15 days data. As my PC is reasonably speced I guess something is up with my installation or possibly the workspace? Strange. Any other ideas of things to try?

Comment

NickA, you might want to try deleting your workspaces in the MyDocuments > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Workspaces folder and then restarting. Please see if this makes a difference, if not, it would be helpful if you contacted us using the Help > Mail to Support feature with your trace and log files so we can review, thanks.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi guys,

Still having an issue I will send the trace/log files. I wonder if they will be saved correctly if NT is 'hanging'. I guess we can but see.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
          Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Aviram Y