Data not available for some stocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data not available for some stocks

NT version 6 production. I added a number of stocks into the Tools->Instrument Manager. Most of them work fine when bringing up charts or putting them into the market analyzer.

ATHR (and some others don't retrieve data). I have ATHR setup as Nasdaq. Loading it into the market analyzer it tries to retrieve data for awhile but then gives up. I am able to get ATHR charts directly via ESignal so my subscription is OK.

Two things:

1) It would be good to have all the instruments loaded so we don't have to do that manually (note that I started with a clean mdb file when I got the production version)

2) Am I doing something wrong regarding ATHR specifically (I have other examples as well although most stocks I have loaded manually work just fine)

imported post

Hi Greg1:

Thank you for your post.

I understand the extra work involved in adding new instruments to the Instrument Manager manually can be a cumbersome task.

I can offer a suggestion to make things a little easier.

From within the Market Analyzer or Format Data series window for a new chart, you can simply select type as Stock from the dropdown menu and then enter the symbol within the window. See attached screen shot.

There is no need to enter manually.

I was able to enter ATHR directly into the Format Data series window and it pulled up a chart successfully. See second attachment.

Best regards,

Ryan
    Attached Files
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Second screen shot attachment.
      Attached Files
      RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Interesting. I think there still is a bug that needs to be fixed. Based on your feedback, I did the following:

1) Went into Tools->Instrument Manager and deleted ATHR which I had added previously

2) Went to the chart->Format Data Series and did what you suggested. Voila, I now have data.

I then went back into Tools->Instrument Manager and the difference is that the Exchange is set to Default and before I had it set to Nasdaq.

Shouldn't the Nasdaq exchange work also ?

Not as big of a problem now that I have a work around, but it would probably be good if that could be fixed so it works with the correct specified Exchange.

Comment

imported post

There is not bug. It depends what exchange your provider needs to request ATHR data. This is different from provider to provider.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Stanfillirenfro, Yesterday, 09:19 AM
          7 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by TraderCro, 04-12-2024, 11:36 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Mindset