barcharts not loading historical data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

barcharts not loading historical data

I have recently signed up to barcharts mainly to backtest a couple of strategies as my current saved data is only a month and a half old. Although I can connect to the barcharts server I cannot load previous data eg: 6E 03-09. Nothing appears on my chart and backtesting doesn't work.
    I emailed for help with the company but they thought it might be a ninja issue.
    Please help me!
    raycam

Hello raycam,

Thank you for the post.

To open data for a chart such as 6E 03-09 you will want to format the data series to include the dates of that contract. So rather than having the last date be today's date you will specify the beginning date of the chart and the end date of the chart. Please see the following link for more information.

Then if you want to bactest continuously you will want to merge the contracts. Please see the following link on merging.
    http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/HelpGuideV6/helpguide.html?Merge
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks- I have just attempted to merge previous contract 06-09 -with the current one and it says it was successful. But when I go to load the tick data on the chart it just stalls or give a partial fill of data.
      raycam

Comment

raycam, please open charts for both contracts and make sure the historical data is fully loaded for both. Then disconnect and redo the 'Merge' process.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks mate. I have been in contact with support and we have exhausted all possibilities- I am simply not getting the historical data form barcharts. Support has asked that I contact them about how much data they store on their servers. All I want is data from the beginning of the year for the 6E euro instrument.
          I don't suppose that sort of thing is stored in folders on some kind person's computer that I could simply copy and paste into my folder
          raycam

Comment

raycam, yes it would best to contact BarChart how much historical data is accessible on their servers. Maybe a fellow community member can help you out....

Comment

Barchart support just got back to me- they store only 10 to 12 weeks of tick data! Can someone explain why I would go with them if I am only getting a couple of weeks more historical data than I get already with zenfire and with my data recorder switched on?
              Thanks
              raycam

Comment

raycam, since we can't recommend you one over the other, I'll let other users step in here, but please keep in mind for BarChart this was for tick data, it might be much longer for minute based intervals.

Comment

Thanks Bertrand.
                  raycam

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
                  5 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby