Multiple Stock Alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Stock Alerts

Basically I'm creating a list of stocks in Market Analyzer and then setting alerts via LastPrice. Unfortunately I have stocks setting off other stocks alerts. Is there any way to isolate a Instrument without having to create multiple Market Analyzer windows. In other words, is there any way to create a row alert instead of a column alert?

Hello Maxlobster,

Thank you for the post.

Unfortunately, the alerts with Market Analyzer are based on the column. However, with NinjaTrader 7 we are including several enhancements to Market Analyzer. Please see the following link.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I see there is a New Row Highlight in NT7. I sure hope you can also set a alert to trigger with the highlight. This is the only thing that is keeping me from dropping my other program for NT.

Comment

Maxlobster, not sure I follow what behavior you would like to see - you can set Alerts() in the MarketAnalzyer and also set a custom interval time for the row highlighting feature new in NinjaTrader 7.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I want to create a custom alert for an Instrument that will display in the Alert window but I don't know how to do it with NinjaTrader?

Lets say I have two stocks: AAA and BBB. If LastPrice on AAA equals 5.00 I want to display an alert for AAA. IF LastPrice on BBB equals 6.00 I want to display an alert for BBB. If you could set the alert on an Instrument there wouldn't be a problem, but since you have to set the alert on LastPrice (or on any other column header other than Instrument) you can't create a custom alert for an Instrument.

I'm not interested when LastPrice equals 5.00 or 6.00. I know I can set a color or alert condition for that. I'm interested when AAA hits 5.00 or BBB hits 6.00. When the cell turns yellow and gives an alert that LastPrice is 5 or 6 I have to scan the Market Anayzer window for which Instrument set off the alert. This is time consuming when I have to scroll through 50 Instruments in the Market Analyzer window and nerve-racking when multiple Instruments are setting off the same alerts!

Comment

Hi Maxlobster,

This is not possible using a single Market Analyzer since there are no alerts based on the specific instrument. This may be possible with custom programming. Please refer to our NinjaScript consultants: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm

Comment

NinjaTrader 6.5 is a superb program I can't see why the placement of an alert on a specific Instrument (as is allowed on any other column header) isn't already a feature of this high-end trading platform. Sure NT is a robust program and I can learn NinjaScript and C# and this would be really simple to program, but why not make it easy for discretionary traders like myself to place alerts?

Comment

Hi Maxlobster,

I can not speak to as why this is not possible currently, but I will forward your suggestion to development for inclusion on the list of possible enhancements.

Another option that may work is use the Constant Lines indicator to apply a line to a chart for a specific instrument and then monitor that chart for when the bars break your constant line.

Comment

What's a good website, where I can get e-mail alerts when any stock (not a stock that I selected ahead of time) on the major exchanges has dropped more than a certain percentage amount on the pre-market

stock alerts

Comment

Hi johnhunt3055,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the support forum.

Within NinjaTrader it is possible to set up alerts based upon specialized instrument lists, but that would be dependent on streaming data that the NinjaTrader application would use to match to your defined conditions.

Within NinjaTrader there are a couple of end of day data providers that can offer daily historical data at no cost within the application. The Free EOD Kinetick connection is preloaded in to NinjaTrader 7 automatically. You can connect at "Control Center > File > Connect > Kinetick - End of Day (free). This connection will give you access to historical daily, weekly, monthly and yearly data.
                    Connection steps also at: https://www.kinetick.com/support#Connect

Then to generate alerts based on real-time data you would need a real-time data provider, which from Kinetick is available within NinjaTrader as an optimized feed for the application. This would enable you to then create alerts in NinjaTrader based on the real-time scan alerts you create: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._and_filte.htm

These alerts can then be incorportated to send emails but the ability to do this is all dependent on data available within NinjaTrader, from a provider such as Kinetick. More information on Kinetick at: http://www.kinetick.com/features

Unfortunately, though I am not able to offer any websites that offer similar functionality as you have with NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by SantoshXX, Today, 03:09 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post SantoshXX  
                    Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes