Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't remove order with state "initiated"

Hi,

I have a trail stop order under the sim1 account which appears to be orphaned and won't go away. It has a state of "initiated" and the state field is highlighted in yellow. It originated from a test I was running back on Jul 15th that I left unattended. While I was gone, windows automatically rebooted my machine after downloading some updates.

It seems harmless, but if there's a way to clean this up please let me know.

I've tried pressing the cancel button beside this order under the Orders tab. Also, I tried running a Repair DB. Neither made any difference.

FYI, my TWS version is 892.7 and my ninja version is 6.5.1000.11

Thanks

Hello jackyd,

Thank you for the post.

The order you you are seeing is a ghost order. To get rid of this order you will need to go to Tools-->Options-->Simulator-->Reset. This will clear the order, and if you want to maintain the order history you will want to make sure that Clear History is unchecked.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well, that was easy Thanks!

Comment

Can't remove pending orders

I have 2 pending orders (a buy limit and a buy stop limit order) that I can't cancel or remove on my Sim dome. How do I get rid of these?

Comment

Hello SoleiTrader,

Thank you for your post.

First, if this is a live trade please contact your broker to manage the position.
          Once you have closed the position with your broker please repair your database to remove the order from NinjaTrader.
          To repair your database please go to Tools--> Options--> Misc--> and click Repair DB.
          If this does not remove the order then the order will be removed when your broker resets their servers.
          If the order was submitted to the sim101 account please reset the sim101 account.
          To reset the sim101 account please go to Tools--> Options--> Simulator--> and click Reset
          Click here for more information on the Sim101 account
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
            Hello SoleiTrader,

Thank you for your post.

First, if this is a live trade please contact your broker to manage the position.
            Once you have closed the position with your broker please repair your database to remove the order from NinjaTrader.
            To repair your database please go to Tools--> Options--> Misc--> and click Repair DB.
            If this does not remove the order then the order will be removed when your broker resets their servers.
            If the order was submitted to the sim101 account please reset the sim101 account.
            To reset the sim101 account please go to Tools--> Options--> Simulator--> and click Reset
            Click here for more information on the Sim101 account
            Kyle,

They are sim trades. I tried the Tools--> Options--> Simulator--> and click Reset, but it won't let me, saying I have to close open orders.

Comment

Hi SoleiTrader,

Can you please disconnect from your data feed and then try resetting the simulator. Also, since this has happened a couple times recently can you please go to Tools-->Options-->Misc-->Repair DB. Then, please close NinjaTrader and reopen.
              Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That did it! Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post PaulMohn  
                Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM