Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modify automated orders manually

Hello,

I recently asked a question reguarding modifying Targets and Stop loss on an Autotrader. My question was:

I have a Automated Trading system with set profit target and stop orders and am trying to figure out how to modify the orders of a stategy if needed. I have attempted to modify some orders using the Orders tab of the Control Center using the Plus or Minus buttons but for some reason the changes that I make revert back to the orginal profit target and stop orders of my Strategy a short time later.Is there any way to lock those changes in ?

The response I got back was that you guys don't recommend it because it is a sticky area. I do have programming experience and believe there probably is a way to do this and was wondering if you could lead me in the right direction. Again, I'm trying to modify a profit target or stop loss after the autotrader has started with it's built in profit targets and stop loss by either using the DOM or the Orders tab manually on the control center,I have found that it works to begin with,but then price reverts back when I get a new Price bar formed.

Thanks again for the help

FLEXIT, if you regularly want to modify your strategy exit orders manually, best would be to call ATM strategy templates then for exit management. For a sample on how to code this please review the 'SampleAtmStrategy' installed per default.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
    166 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post sidlercom80  
    Started by thread, Yesterday, 11:58 PM
    0 responses
    1 view