Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error in requesting E7 mini-euro futures from IB

Hi,

I'm able to add E7 (the symbol for mini-euro futures) to IB and IB is able to display a historical chart for it. To give you more info, in IB, the E7 futures is chosen under the category "European Monetary Union euro - IDEALPRO(EUR)". Once it is added to the IB window, IB will reflect that E7 is offered by the GLOBEX exchange. Note that I have just installed the latest version of trader workstation from IB.

Next, I first closed all windows in NinjaTrader, reset the instrument manager and add E7, before connecting to IB using NT. After connection, I created a new chart to show E7. However, NinjaTrader reports the error "Error in requesting historical data from IB: No security definition has been found for the request(200)." I used the latest version of NT.

Curiously, the micro-euro futures M6E worked. Similar to E7, IB will reflect that it is offered by the GLOBEX exchange. The only difference is that M6E is chosen from the "GLOBEX" category in IB as opposed to "E7" which is chosen from "European Monetary Union euro - IDEALPRO(EUR)".

Please help me with this connection problem. Thanks.

oracle, thanks for the post, with NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.11 please use the TWS version 892.7 as per our connection guide - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ivebrokers.htm

For accessing the E7 on Globex, please go to Tools > Instrument Manager and find the E7 master symbol in the middle list.

Click on 'Edit' and check the Globex exchange in the master symbol setup.

After this please add the E7 09-09 with the Globex echange selected to your default list with the < button, then you should receive streaming data for it in NinjaTrader.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, it worked.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post geddyisodin  
      Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM