Dual monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual monitors

I set up NT on dual montiors and then removed the 2nd monitor.

EVERY other program on the planet would auto move all windows to the primary monitor.

Guess what's on that side of the monitor? The control panel.

How do I "grab" the control panel from the non existent 2nd monitor and move it back to where I need it?

I'm able to right click on the group and expand the control panel to fill the entire primary screen but I can't minimize and or move it back to the primary monitor. It keep "disappearing" to the now removed monitor

Again, every other prgram I have was able to "re-fit" itself back to the primary.

I also experienced this when I back up NT on a large monitor and try to restore on a smaller monitor. And again just NT!!!!

I'm so trying to love NT but this, along with the other obvious programming errors [that should have been solved many versions ago] make it so hard to stick it out with this software.

Every day it's a different ridiculous 'surprise'

V.
    Last edited by VinnyB; 07-26-2009, 10:26 PM.

Originally posted by VinnyB View Post
    I set up NT on dual montiors and then removed the 2nd monitor.

EVERY other program on the planet would auto move all windows to the primary monitor.

Guess what's on that side of the monitor? The control panel.

How do I "grab" the control panel from the non existent 2nd monitor and move it back to where I need it?

I'm able to right click on the group and expand the control panel to fill the entire primary screen but I can't minimize and or move it back to the primary monitor. It keep "disappearing" to the now removed monitor

Again, every other prgram I have was able to "re-fit" itself back to the primary.

I also experienced this when I back up NT on a large monitor and try to restore on a smaller monitor. And again just NT!!!!

I'm so trying to love NT but this, along with the other obvious programming errors [that should have been solved many versions ago] make it so hard to stick it out with this software.

Every day it's a different ridiculous 'surprise'

V.
    You can try:

Select control center with Alt-Tab.
    Press Alt + Space then M.
    Move your window with the arrow keys

Comment

Perfect...thank you Roonius!!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post