Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bracket order with OCO help ->

Hi,

I would like to use a strategy that will place an order above the market(for long) and one below the market(for short). When one triggers, it will OCO the other order and whichever one that does trigger, I want it to use the ATM strategy I have selected. All in one DOM.

I tried this, with OCO seletced and after I place my first order, then try to place the second order, it tells me I cannot place an "exit order to a strategy until entry orders filled....".

How can I achieve this bracket/OCO order in one DOM?

TIA!

Hello Stok,

Thank you for your post.

One of the great features of NinjaTrader is its ability to submit two entry orders, one which will cancel if the other is filled.
    You can accomplish a breakout/breakdown approach by:
    • Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to enable this function
    • For your first order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
    • Submit your stop order to buy above the market
    • For your second order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
    • Submit your stop order to sell below the market
    • CRITICAL Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to disable this function
    For a market fade approach just subsitute limit orders for stop orders. This entry technique is demonstrated in our free ATM Level I training class that we hold several times per week.
    Click here complete schedule of our various free training sessions
    Click here for more information on submitting orders in the SuperDOM
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RJStein View Post
      Hello Stok,

Thank you for your post.

One of the great features of NinjaTrader is its ability to submit two entry orders, one which will cancel if the other is filled.
      You can accomplish a breakout/breakdown approach by:
      • Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to enable this function
      • For your first order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
      • Submit your stop order to buy above the market
      • For your second order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
      • Submit your stop order to sell below the market
      • CRITICAL Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to disable this function
      For a market fade approach just subsitute limit orders for stop orders. This entry technique is demonstrated in our free ATM Level I training class that we hold several times per week.
      Click here complete schedule of our various free training sessions
      Click here for more information on submitting orders in the SuperDOM

Ok. Well I am having problems with that. I do have the OCO checked: First, when I select an ATM strategy and place my buy stop limit above the market it submits. Then I select another strategy and submit my sell stop limit below market, my first buy stop limit is gone.

I want to use just the same strategy for each with OCO. I cannot get 2 live orders within one DOM with one strategy that will OCO the other order.

Comment

Can you right click in your SuperDOM and select properties?

Go to ATM STrategy Selection Mode and choose "SelectActiveATMStrategyOnOrderSubmission"

This will ensure both of your ATM orders are visible.

Comment

Can you right click in your SuperDOM and select properties?

Go to ATM STrategy Selection Mode and choose "SelectActiveATMStrategyOnOrderSubmission"

This will ensure both of your ATM orders are visible.
          Ah...that worked. Thanks!

But, is there any other way to be able to do this bracket based on one strategy, instead of putting in one order with one strategy, then another order with another separate strategy? Seems to be extra steps not needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Stok View Post
            Ah...that worked. Thanks!

But, is there any other way to be able to do this bracket based on one strategy, instead of putting in one order with one strategy, then another order with another separate strategy? Seems to be extra steps not needed.
            Unfortunately not.

The reason is your ATM Strategy changes to "Active" when you place your first order. Since you cannot place any more orders to an "Active" order, you must select a non active ATM Strategy, which can be the same original ATM Strategy as the first order.

Comment

Ok, Thanks!

I now have one more problem. Since I changed the ATM selection mode, I do run other DOM's with other strategies, now those strategies show up in the bracket DOM, which I do not want and only want that DOM to be the bracket trades.

Comment

Ok, Thanks!

I now have one more problem. Since I changed the ATM selection mode, I do run other DOM's with other strategies, now those strategies show up in the bracket DOM, which I do not want and only want that DOM to be the bracket trades.
                You can change the ATM Strategy Selection Mode to "DisplaySelectedATMStrategyOnly." This will only show the orders from the ATM Strategy you have selected in the ATM drop down menu.

Unfortunatelly for your bracketed order, if you use different ATM Strategies, you will only be able to see one at a time. You can switch between these in the drop down menu to view each OCO order.

Comment

You can change the ATM Strategy Selection Mode to "DisplaySelectedATMStrategyOnly." This will only show the orders from the ATM Strategy you have selected in the ATM drop down menu.

Unfortunatelly for your bracketed order, if you use different ATM Strategies, you will only be able to see one at a time. You can switch between these in the drop down menu to view each OCO order.

Ok, that's not a problem as long as both of those bracketed orders with trigger and OCO the other order even thou I can only see one of them. Is that correct?

Comment

Ok, that's not a problem as long as both of those bracketed orders with trigger and OCO the other order even thou I can only see one of them. Is that correct?
                    Yes, that is correct.

Comment

Yes, that is correct.
                      THANKS so much for your help!

Comment

This is the only way I found to enter an OCO bracket order where I want to be stopped into a position either Long if the market moves up or Short if it moves down. This method seems pretty awkward especially in a fast market. Since the post is several years old I'm hoping that there might be a better way? I want to do it with the DOM.

Comment

Hello bkout,

Thanks for your post.

The steps below are still the correct process of how to place bracket orders with ATM Strategies.
                          BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by itrader46, Today, 10:22 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post itrader46  
                          Started by NM_eFe, Today, 10:13 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes