Ninjascript Import Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjascript Import Error

I went to tools, utilities and tried to import a NinjaScript zip file. I go the following error, more than once.

You have custom ninjascript files on your pc that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved befoer you can import a ninjascript archive file.

Originally posted by rtj4201 View Post
    I went to tools, utilities and tried to import a NinjaScript zip file. I go the following error, more than once.

You have custom ninjascript files on your pc that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved befoer you can import a ninjascript archive file.
    Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select an indicator and double click on it.
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.
    Let me know if this does the trick for you.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You were correct. I did a printscreen. Not sure how to correct the error. I have been using the indicator extensively. Not sure why I am getting the error.

See attached file.
      Attached Files

Comment

Most likely there's already a indicator with the name 'DoubleMA' present in your indicator library, try renaming before attempting to import the new one.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Actually, if you look at the file I attached, it did not like the capital letter on the D. I replaced it with d and the compiler worked.

Comment

Great you got it, yes NinjaScript and C# are case sensitive.

Comment

Seeing similar error but suggested fix is not clearing it

I am trying to import a script and I am getting this error. I followed the suggested fix and it does not clear the error. It involves some UMT indicators that I have been using but am not presently using with NinjaTrader. Any other suggestions? I can not find the indictors to delete them either.

Comment

Welcome to the forums! Most likely the addon indicators are stored in a custom assembly, best would be to contact the developer / vendor directly. If you just want to remove them, please use the File > Utilities > Remove NinjaScript assembly commend.

Comment

Found a way to fix this problem

I tried to use the removal tool to fix this but ended up with the same error. I tried inporting the indicators again and that did not work either. So I was able to find where the assembly was stored and took a chance that just deleting that would fix the problem which it did. I was then able to inport the indicator that I needed from another piece of software.

Thanks for the help

Comment

Hmmm...im getting this error now.
                    Not knowing a thing about coding i thought id try to add an alert to an indicator bacuse unfortunately nobody here would help me. o obviuosly failed and closed it when it didn't compile. Since then I've tried to import a new indicator but get the message: "You have custom ninjascript files on your pc that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved befoer you can import a ninjascript archive file"

I took the previous advice of:
                    Open NinjaTrader
                    From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
                    Select an indicator and double click on it.
                    A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
                    At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
                    From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

but cant find where to REMOVE the indicator,

thanks

edit: hmmm...i think ive foind how to 'delete' it now but when i try its saygin "this file is likely reference by other ninjascript files and these dependecies need to be removed first"

i dont know what that means.
                    Last edited by subterfuge; 10-02-2009, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Please check into this link where all steps are discussed in detail -

You can delete an offending script by going to

Tools > Edit NinjaScript Indicator OR Strategy and then point to the script where the error was found and click on 'Delete'.

Comment

edit: hmmm...i think ive foind how to 'delete' it now but when i try its saygin "this file is likely reference by other ninjascript files and these dependecies need to be removed first"

i dont know what that means.
                        That would mean you call the offending indicator in another script > you would need to delete the 'calling' indicator first and then you can delete the other one.

Comment

how do i find the 'calling' indicator?

other than the indicator that i tried to do myself and messed up, there are lots of other indicators that all work fine. There's nothing else that i want to delete other than the file i names 'fg'...
                          Last edited by subterfuge; 10-02-2009, 01:08 PM.

Comment

You would need to check the scripts you produced, there's unfortunately no listing of this.

Comment

Heres what i did:
                              I opened 'indicator A' and copied the code. I thhen closed the window
                              I then opened 'indicator B' and copied the code and closed the window.
                              I then made a new indicator. Pasted all of the copied code in. Jiggled it around hoping to get the indicator i wanted. Obviously didn't compile. I then gave up and closed the window. Thats when the errors started.

Are you saying that I need to delete both indicators A and B (that work fine) and then delete my pile of crap that i tried to make? Im very lost. My fault for playing with things i know nothing about, but then everyone kept telling me to try it myself, lol!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ThomasC  
                              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 10:19 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH