Collapse

Strategy doesn't transition from historical to live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With all due respect, we have a serious communication problem. You don't understand what I'm asking and I don't understand what you're saying. All I know is that after a day and a half and 7 posts, my original question remains unanswered.

This is not a game, this is a business. There is serious money at stake. I am not yet a paying customer of NT but I would gladly hand over my money if I was sure that NT was going to reliably transmit my orders to my broker. At this point, I'm guaranteed to lose my shirt if I start using NT for automated trading.

In an automated trading strategy, one can not afford to be syncing up their account every time the strategy restarts. It would literally cost a fortune.

Back to my original question from yesterday:

Why is the position being taken flat before going live?

I have attached a picture of the strategy to further demonstrate the problem. It is clearly visible in the upper right hand corner that the strategy position is being closed before going live. "Close position 1 @ 937.75"

Please take some time and think seriously about this problem. Please don't respond to this post unless you can provide a real answer to the question above in underlined boldface red. I don't want to waste any more time on this.

I genuinely would like to become a happy paying customer of NT. I've spent the last 2 months learning NT, C# and developing my indicators (by the way, I'm very pleased with NT's capabilities in developing indicators). Now I need a strategy to implement these indicators. The resolution of this problem will decide whether I'm a happy and/or paying customer of NT.

Sincerely,

CS
    Attached Files

Comment

CS, thanks for the reply - since you have constantly an order working, you place the order to exit your historical stratey position yourself. As you start up your sample strategy unsynched (meaning your live account missing the needed account position for correct synching) it will submit historically working orders, as you always have a reversal order in the market with this it would take your position flat the moment you start it up. If you set it up the way I proposed in my previous post this does not happen as per my testing.
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_Bertrand; 07-17-2009, 02:25 PM.
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm sorry Bertrand, I don't mean to offend you but I do not understand your posts. I can read the words but I have no idea what you are trying to say. As per my previous post, "we have a serious communication problem." Is there anyone else at NT that might be able to help? It's like we're speaking two completely different languages.

The code in your previous post is actually code that I sent you. It's already part of my strategy and results in problems.

Comment

cshep, sorry for the frustrations getting this to work for you - I'd be happy to give you a call on Monday to discuss this on the phone - please contact me via PM, good weekend!
          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post PaulMohn  
          Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes