problem with zenfire data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem with zenfire data

i am running NT with a live license on one pc and NT with a sim license on another pc both using zenfire data. last night i got slightly different data (different volume) for bars between 23.00 and 05.00.

why would this happen and what can i do about it?

they are 2 hour bars so there is enough time to collect the data

Comment

Hello anothertoy,

I suggest to right click in both charts and select 'Reload Historical Data'. Check if both charts resemble.

Zen-Fire does not support historical data. As a courtesy, we allow Zen-Fire to retrieve historical data from our server. Different data sources can have discrepancies.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

when i reloaded the data, one of them came back into sync. but they were both from the same data source (zenfire) so what can i do to prevent it from happening again? because of the wrong data, my model being run on both the pc's gave different signals hence i was alerted to the spurious data.

Comment

Most likely the proportion of historical data retrieved from the historical data server and historical data received as real-time data was different in the two charts.

Comment

well the data received in real time was incorrect with the reloaded historical data. so the real time collection is not accurate for some reason. does the storage of real time data occur on my hard disk? is there some way to check data with your servers? can u think of another solution? is there a way for me to specify the mix of real time collection vs historical data ie. say i will collect up to an hour's worth then reload the historical database?

Comment

Different data sources can have discrepancies.

If you have historical data enabled as per the Zen-Fire connection, you will retrieve historical data from Zen-Fire (historical data server). Please see the link below on how NinjaTrader loads historical data.

You will need to ensure the proportion of historical data and real-time data is the same in both charts; reload historical data in both charts at the same time.

Or you can disable historical data as per the Zen-Fire connection and enable 'Store real-time bar data' at Tools-->Options-->Data-tab. You will now only display data you received in real-time.

Comment

what does the real time tick filter do in the options>data tab?

if i uncheck store real time bar data, will it fix my problem?

Comment

my problem is not that both charts don't match but that the real time stored chart is not as accurate as the historical chart.

basically i need to be able to either refresh the historical data regularly and automatically so that i don't rely too much on the real time data my system collects.

i don't think enabling tick filtering is the answer.

Comment

The real-time tick filter will filter bad ticks. More information can be found at the link below.

Unfortunately it is not supported to automatically refresh historical data.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by terofs, Yesterday, 04:18 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post terofs
                    by terofs

Started by CommonWhale, Today, 09:55 AM
                    1 response