Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NinjaTrader direct -which broker provides that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader direct -which broker provides that?

There seems to be a free version for those with a specific feed. The question for me is - for what brokers is this version available?

AMP obviously. What abour Mirus?

NetTecture, yes I believe Mirus offers this to - best would be to contact them directly. Please also keep in mind that with the Direct edition you do not have access to the NinjaScript or ATM strategy features of the standard edition.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well,

given that so far Ninja has been unable to do basic maths (in the sim account) and not been able to provide a decent system for backtesting etc. (i.e. look at your NT7 features), I simply want avoid paying for it. I may have paid for it, if the Nt7 beta would have been acceptable (even if I would have used 6.5), but at the moment.... Nope.

The limitations are not that bad for me. I don't use automatic strategies YET. I simply cant properly backtest them And debug them

Comment

Hi,

The Direct Edition has all to with licensesing. The license allows you to trade Live but has limitations since it's also a Free License. If you want to use all features and trade Live you need to purchase a subscription.

It is possible to use all features with the Free Edition, but you need to enter the Free Edition license then. You can paper trade then with Live data.

If you are interested in the Free Edition license, please send me a note at support at ninjatrader dot com and refer to this post.
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vincent View Post
          Hi,

The Direct Edition has all to with licensesing. The license allows you to trade Live but has limitations since it's also a Free License. If you want to use all features and trade Live you need to purchase a subscription.

It is possible to use all features with the Free Edition, but you need to enter the Free Edition license then. You can paper trade then with Live data.

If you are interested in the Free Edition license, please send me a note at support at ninjatrader dot com and refer to this post.
          I have been using the free edition for some time.

Now I just need to get the order management part active

Comment

Ok, all works, installed, set up Naturally automatic orders are limited (not too bad for the time being) and the automatism stuff does not work (again, sorry, without a lot better design not something I want to use anyway).

Order entry works like a charm. Actually, funny enough, YM fills seem to be FASTER than on the sim

Comment

Originally posted by NetTecture View Post
              Ok, all works, installed, set up Naturally automatic orders are limited (not too bad for the time being) and the automatism stuff does not work (again, sorry, without a lot better design not something I want to use anyway).

Order entry works like a charm. Actually, funny enough, YM fills seem to be FASTER than on the sim
              Sorry to bump such an old thread but I hate creating new ones if I can help it! With a direct license can I do the following scenario:

- Direct license to trade live with IB and simultaneously connect to Zen-Fire demo account through Mirus or Amp?

On a side note, with a license that can trade Gain Forex (fully, for free) can I also simultaneously connect to a demo Zen-fire account through Mirus or Amp?

Thanks for any clarity you can provide!

Comment

Hello,

The Direct Edition License will not enable you to connect to your IB account and trade live, as this type of license is only available for Zen-Fire based brokerages.

And with a Free Gain Live Edition License you will not be able to trade with any other broker besides GAIN.

For the first instance you will want to purchase a Multi-Broker License and your second example would only require a Single Broker License since the ability to trade GAIN is included if you have an account with GAIN.
                Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
                  Hello,

The Direct Edition License will not enable you to connect to your IB account and trade live, as this type of license is only available for Zen-Fire based brokerages.

And with a Free Gain Live Edition License you will not be able to trade with any other broker besides GAIN.

For the first instance you will want to purchase a Multi-Broker License and your second example would only require a Single Broker License since the ability to trade GAIN is included if you have an account with GAIN.
                  Ryan,

Thank you for the prompt response. I understand that I would need a single broker license to Trade with another broker alongside Gain, but what about just to connect to a demo feed of Zen-fire with Live Gain. The 'other' broker would just be a sim one.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello,

In the example you provide you would need a Single Broker License as well, since any broker connection, regardless if it is a demo connection, alongside GAIN would that.

You could use the Free Edition License to connect to your Zen-Fire connection, but then you would not be able to trade your GAIN connection.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
                      Hello,

In the example you provide you would need a Single Broker License as well, since any broker connection, regardless if it is a demo connection, alongside GAIN would that.

You could use the Free Edition License to connect to your Zen-Fire connection, but then you would not be able to trade your GAIN connection.
                      Ahh, I understand. So a direct license would work with the Gain Live, ZenFire Demo/Sim with that logic since Gain uses Zenfire tech yes?. I actually just tested it with a Gain sim feed and sim Zenfire.

Comment

Hello,

Yes that is correct. GAIN live, provided you have connection credentials for a live account and demo Zen-Fire connection would both work with a Direct Edition License.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                        0 responses
                        1 view
                        0 likes
                        Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                        0 responses