NT Crashing on Strategy Selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT Crashing on Strategy Selection

And I thought I'd encountered every error..

I ran a strategy today... no problems with the open and closing trade. I shut down the strategy, removed it, did some more programming. I went to the Strategy Tab and right clicked the popup menu on "New Strategy"

.. the program hangs for about 30 seconds...then get a hard error in a popup. The one you get when IE crashes. States... an error has occured and the window needs to shut down... you have the choice of sending the error report or not. I click on "Don't Send" and the NT program is terminated.

If I go right back in, the same thing happens. If I reboot, the same thing happens. Any suggestions?

sublime,

Not sure what might have happened. Have you tried reinstalling?
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Guessing: This could be an indication that in one of you strategies there goes something wrong in the Initialize() method.

Comment

Hmmm, I installed the latest ver this morning and the same thing happens. I don't actually get to the point of picking a strategy. I just select the "new strategy" menu item from the popup menu. The same thing happens in the Strategy Analyzer. I can pull up the Strategy Analyzer module, but when I right click a security and choose backtest, the app also hangs for about 20 seconds, then crashes. So it looks like the actual strategy window is where it crashes in both modules.

Any other suggestions? Obviously this prevents me from running any strategies. Thanks.

Comment

sublime,

Please go to My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom\Strategy and delete any file that does not have an @ prefix. Make sure to backup anything you want beforehand. Then open NinjaTrader and go to Tools->Edit NinjaScript->Strategy and select any from the list and press F5 to compile when in the editor.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
            sublime,

Please go to My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5\bin\Custom\Strategy and delete any file that does not have an @ prefix. Make sure to backup anything you want beforehand. Then open NinjaTrader and go to Tools->Edit NinjaScript->Strategy and select any from the list and press F5 to compile when in the editor.
            Hey, Josh... that worked. Can I copy my strategies back into that folder? Or should I do it one by one?

Comment

One by one till you find the culprit.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
              Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM