Tick Data doesn't import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick Data doesn't import

I lost my connection to IB and ended up with a 30min gap in my tick data for ES 09-09. I tried to backfill this data by importing a file "ES 09-09.txt" from another tick data source. All file names and formats appear to be correct but the data does not import.

When I try and import NT asks if I want to generate minute bar data. I don't want to generate anything, I just want to import tick data. I tried this with and without generating minute bars. Either way, I get the message "Historical data imported successfully."

However, when I try to view the data in an ES 09-09 chart, I still have a 30min tick data gap.

When I export historical ES 09-09 data, there still is a 30min data gap.

How do I import this data?

Thanks,

CS

cshep, thanks for the post and welcome to our support forums!

Do you see any errors in the log tab of the Control Center?

Please make sure the tickdata follows those guidelines listed here - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...V6/Import.html

Also - which NinjaTrader version are you using? Our current release version is 6.5.1000.11 and you can upgrade if needed by going to Help > Download Site in the software.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am using version 6.5.1000.10.

Yes there was an error.

"6/30/2009 12:26 Default ES 09-09: Volume in line 955 is invalid since it is <= 0. This line and subsequent invalid volume lines have been modified and replaced by a value of 1."

I edited that tick data to make sure there was no zero volume ticks and tried again.

Again, it showed a successful import but the data still doesn't show up in my chart.

But now when I export the tick data, my newly imported data is there but all data previous to my imported data for the same day is missing.

Originally, my data gap was from 08:00:00 until 08:30:00 this morning. Now that gap is filled in the export file but data from 00:00:00 until 08:00:00 is missing. My chart has not changed one bit throughout this process.

Comment

Please try upgrading to the latest 6.5.1000.11 release (Help > Download Site in NinjaTrader). Also, I would suggest reparing your DB in case there are issues associated with it (Tools > Options > Misc). Then reopen the ES 09-09 chart and check if all data is present as you would expect, if not please send me your datafile to support at ninjatrader dot com Attn Bertrand so I can take a look. Thanks!
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
        Started by jordanq2, Today, 03:10 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes